Mercedes and Ferrari in 'secret' Pirelli tyre tests

BLNog5yCIAA70BB.jpg

Well, I also think that if this all kicks off, that Pirelli's future in the sport will also be in question, they have already made some noise about the contracts for next year, and with more furore I would not be surprised if Pirelli said bugger it, We're out of here.

Especially as all of a sudden they seem to have got on top of their tyre problems after 3 years of trying....

I don't know who drove the car in the test but if it wasn't the Pirelli test driver then they are in big trouble and so are Pirelli.

Let's not forget that this is Monaco, notoriously lenient on tyres as proven the past couple of years and they also got on top of their problems at China last year, it's been work in progress

Being honest, I do not for one minute believe that the issue of tyre deg was fixed after 1000km of testing, after all, they would only have had 2 weeks to do anything about it, and lead time on parts must be quite a long time. Additional mileage on the car is always a good thing however, so there would have been advantages but they would likely not come to the fore until later in the season.

However, who knows if Mercedes used any new parts during the test?

You've got to be a fool to think this impacted the results of today's race. I hope the drivers results stand but wouldn't be surprised if as constructors they are in deep doo doo.

That said it will make the racers and racing more interesting if constructors points are out of the running.

I was ambivalent about this, should it not have been done or should it be allowed if the FIA agreed to it.

Then I saw that Ross Brawn had said that it was a blind test, that they did not know which sets were being used at any one time. Really? You don't know how the current tyres behave on your car? You really can't tell the difference and which tyres were which? Come off it, we are not total fools, you cheated and got caught. Their punishment should be on the same level as McLaren in 2007.

Back
Top Bottom