Current McLaren

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
3 drivers championships and 2 constructors titles in 15 years? Not much of a byword.

They left because they knew the parent team would not let them beat them. They were right and still are.
reason I say that was because I remember that with Mercedes for them 15 or 16 years they were always competitive. always winning & challenging for championships. looking at the stats mclaren won a race in every season from 1997 - 2013 bar 2 seasons 2006 2013 but really only 2013 was the failure because they had 3 poles & 9 podiums

I might be naive, I know that sometimes but Williams would've beaten in Austria & Britain but for own terrible pit strategies that shit themselves In the foot. also if it was proven that toto wolff is hypothetically affecting an outcome (wont say fixing just in case) then there would be serious repercussions just ask flavio briatore & pat symonds

Il_leone

Champion Elect
One of the reasons Mercedes left was because they wanted their own team and that was never going to happen with Ron Dennis even though it supposedly a 50-50 partnership and thought he had everything water tight

Ron was not keen on other top teams getting Mercedes engines and can veto other teams such as Red Bull getting them and was not best pleased that the Brawn deal that Martin Whitmarsh agreed to actually paved the way for Mercedes to set up their own team

Il_leone

Champion Elect
The fact that Mercedes have got both Williams and Mclaren as partners suggests possible shuffling with Ocon and Russell into these teams if they cannot find drive for Mercedes

I know he would be too old but would Alonso be tempted to come back

We might see Norris and Russell in the same team. I think Merc might dump Racing Point who would be saddled with a Renault engine then unless they are happy to supply 4 teams

I was surprised by the deal but given their fall out with Honda and Ferrari was also considered their enemy this was their only option. It also suggests that no new engine manufacturers/ suppliers from 2021

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
I suspect Mercedes are working their exit strategy and McLaren will become their "works" team in 2021 with (if he's still racing) Hamilton going back to Woking. Merc will then focus their energy on Formula E having recently announced they will no longer be developing internal combustion engines.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
billie ellish i know her she's pretty big, not my bag but heard this on radio i didnt have her down as a F1 fan. but shes done a song i think about Bouillier & Alonso issues in 2018 ;)

I had a dream I got everything I wanted.
Not what you'd think & if I'm being honest.
it might've been a nightmare

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
It's on here. I've posted it a few times.

The song is shite but the video is great.

Top Bottom