Current McLaren

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff member
Premium Contributor
Like all good F1 teams who have fallen on hard times, suddenly the rules need to be fair and equal. Somehow I don't recall team McLaren being that pro equality 10 years ago.

As one of the lead teams in FOTA they were at the forefront of scrapping the proposed budget cap and organising the breakaway series.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Probably he has an offer to be the main technical director/ chief designer.

Williams no doubt is an obvious choice and the other being Renault

Il_leone

Champion Elect
I think Peter Prodromou was one half of the team whilst Pat was the engineering director but if James Key is having more say then Pat might fancy the Williams job instead

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
The picture in our paper today of a McLaren super car said it sold for £19 million at auction. Is that more expensive than a McLaren F1 car ? And, does it go faster than a McLaren F1 car.

rufus_mcdufus

Champion Elect
The picture in our paper today of a McLaren super car said it sold for £19 million at auction. Is that more expensive than a McLaren F1 car ? And, does it go faster than a McLaren F1 car.
Top speed of an F1 is around 220mph, though apparently some seem to reckon it's capable of around 230mph. I think the fastest F1 cars measured (according to this article - Montoya in 2005, Bottas in a Williams (!) in 2016 we're looking around 370km/h so around 220mph, Similar top speeds.

Top Bottom