Current McLaren

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
So not only are we losing races from the calendar but we are about to lose a team as well.

五

cider_and_toast

Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex
Staff Member
Premium Contributor
I don't really understand the sums. If you take into account McLaren took out a 650 million pound bond on their factory and historic car collection in 2017, share holders have injected a further 500 million in the last 18 months and they are asking for another 280 million, that means that McLaren have somehow burned their way through 1.43 billion pounds in the last 3 years.

That's insane spending that has bought the company, in any of it's groups, absolutely sod all.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
McLaren Racing lost 瞿84.5 million in 2018, according to the accounts filed at companies house. Employee salary costs were just under 瞿52 million.

Andyoak

Race Winner
I'm all for earning a decent wedge; but ****...

But then again, if they reckon they can shed 1200 people; what were they all doing?

rufus_mcdufus

Champion Elect
I'm all for earning a decent wedge; but ****...

But then again, if they reckon they can shed 1200 people; what were they all doing?
McLaren Group as a whole employed 3,798 (from 2018 financial statement figures, so probably a bit different now) and I guess the bulk are probably in McLaren Automotive.

Andyoak

Race Winner
So they're shedding a quarter of the workforce; even with the hits predicted within the industry that is a high percentage.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
McLaren Racing had 714 employees in 2018. The highest paid director pocketed 瞿3.7 million. They aren't named.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
They have secured a loan from a Bahrain bank. Clearly the team is burning a lot of cash with no income right now. Goes to show no one wants buy expensive cars in times like these.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
Wont be until 2021 I think there is stupid rule where teams must complete the season after before they get money to stop dodgy owners running off

Top Bottom