Manor (formerly Marussia)

TR

Rookie
Apparantly, somebody is putting up an offer for Manor. Rumors say some Japanese are involved...

Titch

Champion Elect
Premium Contributor
Lets hope they have enough money to get the team out of it's dire financial need once and for all then.

Il_leone

Champion Elect
I am surprised no Chinese investor has come in and thought about throwing money in the team seeing they are offering silly money in premier league football someone must have money to throw at a Formula One team

Il_leone

Champion Elect
There is a class divide in China where you're either super rich or very poor . Now the super rich have all decided to throw money at football with some players earning more than F1 drivers in a year

I suspect the way the Chinese grand Prix has been ran they just to entice the super rich only which is just what Bernie likes..however don't be surprised were someone to throw their money at an F1 team then there would be huge interest

Was not Ron Dennis having a Chinese consortium to back Mclaren before he was ousted . The talk about Ron buying the team seems to have gone cold

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Contributor
Sky and BT have piled money on top of money on the English Premier League but I don't remember England being in a World Cup final for many years. Scam betting is much more likely.

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Don't worry, Brexit is going to sort that as the Premier League won't be able to ship in European players when ever they need a transfer fix.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
Manor F1 team to close after no buyer found

Sad news Manor have folded, i was like them because they were typical Valiant British Underdog racing against all the odds, but this is consequence of F1 blatant disregard for the minnow in last decade. but proves to liberty why a budget cap is Vital, as impossible for privateers. HRT (campos Hispania) Caterham (Lotus) Manor (virgin marussia) from 2010 have all gone & lets be fair Renault Sauber & force india have all come close to folding as well.

TR

Rookie
Manor F1 team to close after no buyer found

Sad news Manor have folded, i was like them because they were typical Valiant British Underdog racing against all the odds, but this is consequence of F1 blatant disregard for the minnow in last decade. but proves to liberty why a budget cap is Vital, as impossible for privateers. HRT (campos Hispania) Caterham (Lotus) Manor (virgin marussia) from 2010 have all gone & lets be fair Renault Sauber & force india have all come close to folding as well.
How would a budget cap (which if it ever were to come about would still be a multiple of the annual budgets of those teams) have saved any of those teams?

Top Bottom