Grand Prix 2020 Austrian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Predict the World champion (changed your mind)

• Hamilton

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Bottas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vettel

• Leclerc

• Verstappen

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Albon

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

olegg

Race Winner
I think you might need to go rewatch olegg. Perez was in front of Albon after pitstops on restart. Albon overtook Perez off that restart just as the next safety car was called. Perez went back in front as that safety car was called before stewards ruled Albon had been in front.
Albon overtook Perez on the 59 lap. It was before restart.
Restart was on the lap 60

RasputinLives

Leave me alone I'm on Smoko
Contributor
Yes - because he'd overtook him prior to the safety car being called but Perez had gone back in front of him.

Please go rewatch.

The Artist.....

Champion Elect
Albon overtook Perez on the 59 lap. It was before restart.
Restart was on the lap 60
There were two restarts (as they had to call a safety car just after the end of the previous safety car to clear up Raikkonen's mess)

• Albon overtook Perez on the track, whilst the track was green but was only about a cigarette paper ahead. As the safety car was called, Perez pulled ahead again.
  • Red Bull went to the stewards, and asked for clarification of who should be ahead (the overtake was just as the SC boards went out).
  • The stewards advised that Albon was ahead, so on lap 59, Albon was allowed to retake his position ahead of Perez.
I'd strongly advise rewatching the race (or even the highlights)

(Start watching the Youtube from 2:50)

Last edited:

olegg

Race Winner
There were two restarts (as they had to call a safety car just after the end of the previous safety car to clear up Raikkonen's mess)
  • Albon overtook Perez on the track, whilst the track was green was only about a cigarette paper ahead. As the safety car was called, Perez pulled ahead again.
This pair had very funny mutual permutations for several laps.
In the course of the broadcast and commentators were confused who and to whom should give way

Top Bottom