Le Mans Le Mans and the WEC

It hasn't been a classic, and in hindsight I could have grabbed an hour, but with the rain pouring down and an imminent restart I can't possibly go to sleep now.

It's one of the most intense LM24hr's I've watched in recent years. I have to say I'm surprised about how much Armco is still "unpadded" these days. They've commented on it a little in one of the feeds I'm watching and whilst I accept the problem of how much is required they have decades of history to judge the hot spots, surely..

Edit: Hey!! MCLS :wave:

There are tyres in several of the most dangerous places, but you're right, a few more wouldn't do any harm and might do some good. The second part of Tertre Rouge, where Simonsen had his accident, is normally a flat-out kink; the first part has a gravel trap and tyre barrier.

I said you guys were hardcore, but the gentlemen about to go racing in these conditions are just a bit more so I think.

Edit - Thanks G. Is that including Test/3rd drivers?

Lead Toyotas back onto lead lap thanks to safety cars. Fuel saving not necessary now so there will be a race tpward the end! green light and flag ...:)

Hardy souls in the grandstands now in that weather, I don't envy them at all....... Oh wait, yeah I do.............

Quite a few test and third drivers, but my memory won't be good enough to catch them all. Lotterer and Rossiter for Jaguar? Rossi clearly. Bouchut maybe, Collard I think, Jani too. Kristensen was, Conway, Briscoe, Turvey, Hartley...

Back
Top Bottom