Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

Is he talking in code? He referred earlier in the year to his number 22 as "two little ducks". So is this one duck - number 2? The second seat at Mercedes? (!) Also there was a recent quote from Gene Haas about getting his ducks in a row.
Ducking hell. this is all a bit Dusty Bin & 3.2,1.

Reading between the lines here but the only reason I can think of for Jenson to be reminiscing is he has just been told his career is over. :(

Has all the hallmarks of telling your fans when you aren't allowed to tell your fans.

screenshot.186.jpg

Last edited:
To be fair my biggest problem with Button is not what he did but what he could have been without that chuffing around early on in his career with contracts and playing up to the play boy image. Part of that is Flabio's fault, part of that is Sir Frank's fault and part of it is Jenson's fault.

I freely admit I ate a huge slice of humble pie with two dollops of ice cream and a spoon or two of custard in his first season at McLaren where I thought Hamilton would have him for breakfast and boy didn't he prove me wrong. Those first two years at McLaren really did, in my eyes and not that it matters one jot, enhance his reputation.

Yep, he will be missed.

really he has not done much wrong this season apart from not being a great qualifier and cost a lot more money because he is a world champion

He has twice as many points as his rookie teammate and beaten him in most races this season

you know what, had Jenson been available at the start of this season I think it may have been possible that he could have gone to Williams instead of Massa but his contract has expired at entirely the wrong time.

Back
Top Bottom