Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

And he has been left hanging with McLaren. To be fair though, there were not really any top seats available, certainly none that would want JB

I have nothing to base this on but he strikes me as a man who will be good at and take the best out of wherever he is at and whatever he is doing; I admire him for that and wish him the very best for the future...

Ta, ta JB. Have fun doing what ever it is you choose to do next. Far from being the worst driver on the grid but also a long way from being the best. The record books will show that you are a World Champion and I'm sure many F1 fans never thought you would have that next to you name so well done.

Just need to sort out a few more of the hangers on now.

To be honest i was getting the same feeling I had with Rubens........it's time to go chap.
I was never really impressed with him and getting older isn't gonna change that. Am glad Magnussen got the seat, would be a shame to give him only one year while Button already got 14 years in f1.

The Artist..... - He was beaten by Trulli 10 years ago, hardly a barometer of current form. He was beaten by Hamilton, yes, but by quite the narrow margin.

• Since 2008, he has obliterated all his team-mates, two of which were highly regarded.
  • Neither of his titles came in what could unquestionably be described as the best car.
  • He left the European GP of 2012 leading the Championship in a car that was 4th in the Constructors' Championship, having scored 111 of his team's 122 points, and came within 3 points of beating EBD-Vettel for the title in a significantly inferior car.
  • He also was within one strategic error of winning the title against the might of Red Bull in 2010 despite an inferior car.
  • He beat Webber 3 years out of the 4 in which Vettel won titles, and lost to the Aussie in 2011 by one point.
  • He has won 32 Formula One Grands Prix despite never having a dominant car.
  • He has the second greatest amount of points since the 2010 point system started, despite Ferrari only sporadically being the second best car.
  • He managed to win the 2008 Japanese Grand Prix, fair and square, in the Renault R28, in the dry.
Any team boss that does not fall over themselves for Alonso is insane.

What HAS Ron Dennis done at McLaren in the last year that is so much better than Whitmarsh?

Whitmarsh signed Prodromou, began the pursuit of Alonso, finalised the contract with Honda,

Whitmarsh failed to sign a title sponsor, but then so also has Ron Dennis this year!!!

Back
Top Bottom