Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

Well Button has said, out loud, that he will retire at the end of the season if his contract at McLaren is not renewed. McLaren have said, out loud, that they would Like Alonso to be their lead driver.
I don't know what Alonso has said.
:)

Why does Ron Dennis think that he has anything to offer Alonso to get him to jump out of the frying pan? Williams, yes, it would not be surprising if they are championship challengers next season.

Bill Boddy Its obvious Alonso is still the best driver on the grid and will probably now can the team more than 6 tenths of a second per lap and clearly in hiring him will be this time on the promise that he will be No 1

Then again what happens if KMag gets upset at being denied opportunities or starts beating Alonso on a regular basis after all it was Ron who promoted KMag to race seat

So will Ron this time bend to Alonso's will when he demands No 1 status or did he promise Honda that Alonso will be No 1

And what of Vandorn who is eyeing a seat in F1 next season apparently Mclaren want him involved in some form or another

Ron needs Alonso more than ALonso needs him... he is hoping the moment Ferrari implode and he becomes available on the market

--------

From the latest rumours and Bouillier's comments it appears Button is down the pecking order for drivers.

Button going to drive elsewhere - Williams - the BBC said Massa re-signed and Bottas because of Toto is probably under some long term contract tied in with the Merc engines

Lotus with Mercedes engines - a straight swap with Grosjean who Bouillier denies MClaren have spoken to . Financially not attractive given the team 's problem with money but the team tends to want a driver with established reputation rather than risk rookies . Unless they want another sponsor backed driver or want to keep Mercedes happy by fielding a German or a Mercedes backed driver

Force India - unlikely a team Jenson wants

Ferrari - they have Bianchi as the reserve option should either one of its current drivers go

Sauber - not really an option

I don't feel it's Button's time to retire yet, leaving F1 on a low of those lackluster McLaren's of recent years doesn't give him justice. Hope he gets a shot at a decent car for a last season. Williams would be great if Massa wasn't under a long contract, he fits the profie of experienced driver, it's where he started his career and he's performing much better than the Brazilian.

I think Ron would not just kill the fatted calf if Lewis cam back but slaughter the entire herd. The question then would he keep Marty's boy or the other McLaren wunderkind?

Let's be honest chaps, his world championship was 5 years ago. He had a great start to his time at McLaren but both the team and he have been slipping backwards ever since. He's out of contract at the end of the year. In all likelyhood he'll be looking for a new job in the winter. We often talk about drivers who hang around too long like Mark Webber last season I don't think their would be too much lost to either McLaren or F1 if Jense moves on.

I'll nail my colours to the mast, I'm not a Button fan and never have been, but Hamilton is still winning races in a front line team and Alonso is not only out pacing his team mate but is also taking the Ferrari to points paying postions that it generally has no buisness being quick enough to achieve. Button on the other hand is achieving less each season and getting there more slowly.

It's not a secret that Ron is looking for another World Champion, and I doubt he would then pair him with JB. If Button is in a McLaren next year it will be because Dennis couldn't lure anyone else to Woking.

Button's already hinted at retirement now a couple times as well.

to be honest, despite being my personal fave, i mostly agree that he cannot go on forever. i do think that be still has a lot to give. i think it would be interesting to see him go up against a vettel or an alonso, just for the hell of it, but also, i think that there is a changing of the guard going on at the moment, and sentiment has no place in f1.

i would like to see him race at least one more season in a car capable of winning.

Last edited:
Well Toto has now admitted that should Rosberg and Hamilton clash again and prove unbearable to manage one of these two will be dropped so Ron will keep an eye out for either driver

Back
Top Bottom