Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is he is better than Jenson Button.... But I want him to have a fair chance to do so.....
Well, I guess you are welcome to your opinion, but what makes you think he is not getting a fair chance? Where is this 'evidence' you speak of, or is it all in your mind?

Well, I guess you are welcome to your opinion, but what makes you think he is not getting a fair chance? Where is this 'evidence' you speak of, or is it all in your mind?

I don't think that McLaren favour Button over Hamilton at all, in fact i've stated previously that their policy of equal treatment may well be the very thing that ends up hurting them with this current driver pairing. However, your asking for 'evidence' is a little bit rich considering only last week you wrote:

Sorry, did you say identical cars?!? Felipe could wish for an identical car to Fernando until the cows come home, he hasn't got one though..

Just an observation. :) (and I thought i'd be able to leave this thread alone.... Must.....resist.....)

But I want him to have a fair chance to do so, and evidence is builing up that he MAY not be getting a fair chance

Do you mean evidence may be the radio transcripts from the last race which may appear to show LH receiving a different quality of service from JB? or could you possible mean that JB receiving what was obviously the better strategy, changing tyres a lap after Ric instead of 3 laps after like LH got may be some type of evidence?

I dont think its all in your mind, unless the last few hundred posts in this thread are also in your mind, but we could just ignore those and call you a fantasist or a conspiracy theorist

I dont know he's not getting a fair chance. If you'd quoted a bit more of my post you'd have seen I put MAY in large letters. I think there are enough anomolies going on at McLaren to ask the question, thats all.

I don't think that McLaren favour Button over Hamilton at all, in fact i've stated previously that their policy of equal treatment may well be the very thing that ends up hurting them with this current driver pairing. However, your asking for 'evidence' is a little bit rich considering only last week you wrote:

Just an observation. :) (and I thought i'd be able to leave this thread alone.... Must.....resist.....)

To back up RickD's point,

It was mentioned several times in practice sessions by Ted Kravitz last year that Alonso had parts that Massa didn't for the race weekend not just for practice throughout the season.

As for this season I don't know.

To back up RickD's point,

It was mentioned several times in practice sessions by Ted Kravitz last year that Alonso had parts that Massa didn't for the race weekend not just for practice throughout the season.

As for this season I don't know.

If you were Ferrari who have been backed by Spanish sponsors and Luca wanting the best results you certainly would give the new parts to Alonso. The team even said just a few weeks in Alonso's input and work ethic was much better than Raikkonen's if they were trying to compare to what Schumacher did

Oh God, I thought this had gone away. >:(

Sorry Downforce - can I suggest you go back about 40 pages and start reading - there are at least 73 different scenarios ranging from Mclaren aren't very good to John Button having compromising pictures of Martin Whitmarsh and a goat. ;)

It's an optical illusion - since everyone seems to want to watch Hamilton's stops they play them in slo mo - you see, we're spoilt!

someone predicted this about a week ago on a different forum.
they said dont be suprised if lewis has a gearbox problem in china.
how did he know???maybe because its all become very predictable,and yet some ppl still cant see it.

I am a little confused about the rules regarding gearbox change

LH had a transmission or clutch issue 4 weeks ago, this should have at least caused the gearbox area to be examined for any faults or issues

So surely the gearbox should be the area least likely to produce unexpected faults just before a race weekend and especially after 3 weeks off

Or am I missing something? Are they not allowed to check, repair and diagnose any possible issues in the mechanicals of the car whilst away from the circuit. Is parke ferme in effect from the end of the last race rite through to Thursday unpacking the car?

If the clutch on my car slipped 4 weeks ago, I would check very carefully the related mechanical systems to avoid problems the next time I drove

I wonder if any reporter will ask this question of Mclaren or will they be afraid of looking silly like I undoubtedly do for asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom