Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
No ridicule here Bro, I just don't agree.

I think Hamilton's position on the track afforded him a buffer in front and behind, I believe he was told to pit as late as possible to protect his position.

All the teams have the same weather feed as the press and we were constantly being told that rain could hit in a couple of minutes.

I may be wrong, but all I see is an unsuccessful gamble exacerbated by pit errors.

What I don't see is why the team would mess around at the second race of a long season, so maybe I'm not giving the counter points fair view, but if they are correct McLaren have gone insane en masse.

I think the question of Mclaren's pit stop strategy vis-a-vis their drivers is legitimate. I think what winds some of us up is the suggestion that there is some sort of favouritism within the team which decides this. Maybe Mclaren just aren't that good...

I think the question of Mclaren's pit stop strategy vis-a-vis their drivers is legitimate. I think what winds some of us up is the suggestion that there is some sort of favouritism within the team which decides this. Maybe Mclaren just aren't that good...

And unfortunately that one comment does cover pretty much every situation where they've tried to outthink the competition of late

The thing they were good at was driving fast enough to not lose position when they erred, which is what every team aspires to!

Yeah......Let's just make fun of it,....................'like the 'Martin Whitmarsh is in love with Jenson Button'... caption comp
Turn it into a joke...instead of addressing the subject
It's not fair....
LH trying to make a joke ....Resorting to Ali G....but didn't that fall right into female scottish :censored:commentator... know-it-all..... what she was about....following BBCDCRBR crap....lead LH into a frickin.......cul de sac
JBs ...brain fade...Pit stop at RBR' .......etc..................Bloody pathetic...LM said.in a prissy little voice..."we weren't going to ask you about it"..aaaaah, and the reason why I abhor the bloody BBC F1 crap..& as for her scottish co presenter Coulthard.RBR .........& whatever paper he is with.....they must be effin desperate.:sick:

Yeah......Let's just make fun of it,....................'like the 'Martin Whitmarsh is in love with Jenson Button'... caption comp
Turn it into a joke...instead of addressing the subject
It's not fair....
LH trying to make a joke ....Resorting to Ali G....but didn't that fall right into female scottish :censored:commentator... know-it-all..... what she was about....following BBCDCRBR crap....lead LH into a frickin.......cul de sac
JBs ...brain fade...Pit stop at RBR' .......etc..................Bloody pathetic...LM said.in a prissy little voice..."we weren't going to ask you about it"..aaaaah, and the reason why I abhor the bloody BBC F1 crap..& as for her scottish co presenter Coulthard.RBR .........& whatever paper he is with.....they must be effin desperate.:sick:

Have you spilled treacle on your full-stop button? That is really difficult to read.

Some people just want answers as to why Hamilton's stops weren't as optimum as they could have been, considering what McLaren knew and how they reacted with Button.

As for not losing a place, I posted a table earlier in the thread which showed just how much time he did lose and him coming within 3 seconds of Vettel.
An unnecessary risk on McLaren's part.
Answers have been given (several times in fact) and they don't appear to acceptable to those who asked the question. And this thread revolves in circles for several pages now (much like the cars on the circuit).

Basically there's two camps:
Camp 1 says McLaren screwed up Hamiltons' pitstopstrategy and Hamilton should have pitted on the same laps as Button, because that were the tyres to be on at that time.
Camp 2 takes into account that rain was expected, by waiting as long as possible Hamilton could have gone straight back to inters if it started to rain again, thus making a pitstop less and possibly gaining a place (since Perez pitted in the same lap as Hamilton he couldn't have passed him). McLaren waited until the last moment they could call Hamilton in without losing position. The gamble didn't pay off, but they didn't lose a place either.

It would be silly to keep him out for as long as possible without losing a position. In fact it wouldn't make sense. By looking at the timings they would know that all Vettel had to do was pit to make a place up on Hamilton. Hamilton would not be able to react because he would be past the pit lane before Vettel had gone in.

Hmm. Hang-on. I can't remember what lap Vettel did pit on. In which case what I wrote might be tosh. Does anyone know what lap Vettel pitted on?

Answers have been given (several times in fact) and they don't appear to acceptable to those who asked the question.
I think you mean opinions have been given.

I believe only McLaren have the answers and they haven't posted on this thread to my knowledge.

Your comment is therefore highly ironic as those who are giving the "answers" are just as guilty of the same things you are accusing those who don't accept those "answers".

Funny that.

Hmm. Hang-on. I can't remember what lap Vettel did pit on. In which case what I wrote might be tosh. Does anyone know what lap Vettel pitted on?
malaysia-gaps-png.3757

As I have said several times now, Hamilton was in danger of losing third to Vettel due to the late stop.

A few more seconds lost on his in lap and he would have.

malaysia-gaps-png.3757

As I have said several times now, Hamilton was in danger of losing third to Vettel due to the late stop.

A few more seconds lost on his in lap and he would have.
Not just because of his late stop. He also lost time in the stop. Earlier in this thread it was posted that in total Hamilton lost about 8 seconds in his pitstops.

Perez' late pitstop was in fact a bigger screwup than Hamiltons' late pitstop. If Perez had pitted in the same lap as Alonso, he'd still be on his tail in lap 44, instead of being back on his tail in (about) lap 51. You could argue that lost him the race. But nobody makes any fuss about that, everybody focuses on Hamilton.

.Perez' late pitstop was in fact a bigger screwup than Hamiltons' late pitstop. If Perez had pitted in the same lap as Alonso, he'd still be on his tail in lap 44, instead of being back on his tail in (about) lap 51. You could argue that lost him the race. But nobody makes any fuss about that, everybody focuses on Hamilton.

I absolutely agree, as i have mentioned a couple of times before, but it is not relevant to this thread. I'm sure if you post it on the Perez thread it will draw some attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom