Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just because of his late stop. He also lost time in the stop. Earlier in this thread it was posted that in total Hamilton lost about 8 seconds in his pitstops.

Perez' late pitstop was in fact a bigger screwup than Hamiltons' late pitstop. If Perez had pitted in the same lap as Alonso, he'd still be on his tail in lap 44, instead of being back on his tail in (about) lap 51. You could argue that lost him the race. But nobody makes any fuss about that, everybody focuses on Hamilton.
If (Ferrari bound...?) Perez had seriously had a go at FA for the win...then that story would have been..... King.

When Lewis beat Alonso it was not a reflection on Alonso , but how good Lewis seemed and this has mostly been the tradition.

then button beats lewis and suddenly its like Lewis has been exposed as a fraud,and Button the underrated and unrecognized lion.

also it is a fact that button whines and dines the media which gets them to side with him,and he does the same within the team.

and because of this lewis gets serious stick from the media,while button gets praise,and the media are starting to talk less and less about lewis and more and more about button.
in malaysia when damon hill was asked about lewis his response was to talk about button.
whitmarsh does exactly the same thing and brundle,as well as coultard and jake.
they are alot more eager to talk about button.
its as if they are trying to make ppl believe lewis aint all that, and buttons just as good or better.
he's almost as quick in quali,he can look after his tyres better,he's more intelligent,if the cars set up perfectly he's unbeatable.
lewis needs to be more like button,button will make lewis better etc,so not only are they trying to belittle lewis,they are also trying to get jenson the praise for any good lewis does.

the next few races will be interesting to see.

Not just because of his late stop. He also lost time in the stop. Earlier in this thread it was posted that in total Hamilton lost about 8 seconds in his pitstops.

Perez' late pitstop was in fact a bigger screwup than Hamiltons' late pitstop. If Perez had pitted in the same lap as Alonso, he'd still be on his tail in lap 44, instead of being back on his tail in (about) lap 51. You could argue that lost him the race. But nobody makes any fuss about that, everybody focuses on Hamilton.

but perez actually didnt win the race simply because HE went off the track at the vital time.it wasnt because he was delayed in the pits.
what was he 1 or 2 seconds quicker than alonso,he was right behind alonso,he then went off the track,and then for some reason lost his pace.
if lewis had of lost out because he went off the track in the same way then he'd only have himself to blame,because if youre that much quicker ,with that many laps left,unless you make a mistake you should win the race.
further more some ppl do actually believe perez wasnt allowed to win the race anyway.

the upcoming races will be interesting to see.i expect to see more dodgy decisions especially if lewis is leading button and theres a chance button can catch him.
if theres no chance the from what ive see in previous seasons,all of a sudden they will get hamiltons pitstops spot on.

I don't think Lewis needs to be more like Jensen, I think he needs to be more comfortable with who he is. The real Lewis would be very hard to beat under any circumstances, the sycophant media pawn can be beaten.

Yes, Jenson is a nicer guy with the media and public, but Lewis is the man who excited an entire new audience to F1. As Schumacher and Alonso have both proven in spades, you don't need to kow tow to the media to be a genius on the track!

IMHO...........JB went to McLaren to beat the best..LH...IMO....jb is a bit of a Hooray Henry type.. al la DC & MWhit.
JB studied LH telemytery etc....to be able to 'do like LH does' he then sets about...getting the team on his side, with steak dinners etc....he already has DCRBRBBC & whatever paper he reports to.....in his pocket...
After the Australian GP, LH said on BBC1 morning news......"Jenson got the best start of the whole grid, at the last race, so that's what I'll be expecting from my team", for Malaysia
IMHO a very telling statement from LH
Lewis & IMO his followers...just want a level playing field...no favours...just straight & honest.......F1...you must be :censored:jokin

IMHO...........JB went to McLaren to beat the best..LH...IMO....jb is a bit of a Hooray Henry type.. al la DC & MWhit.
JB studied LH telemytery etc....to be able to 'do like LH does' he then sets about...getting the team on his side, with steak dinners etc....he already has DCRBRBBC & whatever paper he reports to.....in his pocket...
After the Australian GP, LH said on BBC1 morning news......"Jenson got the best start of the whole grid, at the last race, so that's what I'll be expecting from my team", for Malaysia
IMHO a very telling statement from LH
Lewis & IMO his followers...just want a level playing field...no favours...just straight & honest.......F1...you must be :censored:jokin

Herein lies the biggest problem with these threads! There is a belief amongst some viewers that some drivers can only be beaten if there isn't a level playing field! Why is it that if it goes one way, it's all conspiracy, or at the best lack of equality, yet if it goes the other then it's just sheer class?

I suppose the question that could be levelled is: was 2007 a level playing field?

Is that quote documented anywhere?
Sorry haven't got an exact time etc. Check out the BBC News...it was on at 7-30am... the day after the Australian race....
I make copious amounts of notes..................you may not like my dots but I can assure you, that I do not quote conjecture.
I have had to take the Beeb to task on several occassions.......they have pulled F1 news, when I have informed them that it has been factually incorrect.
One time that springs to mind was last year, when LH had been to America....was it to NASCAR? They showed him doing a donut, & said that this was what he had received a driving offence for in Australia the previous year. I immediately e-mailed them, & explained that he had swished his wheels, at a few fans near the exit of the FI complex, not on a public highway as implied by the BEEB. He had just set the the fastest time in a Practice session....IMHO looked like some arsehole had set him up.....again.
It makes me wonder who is pulling the strings at the BEEB.

Herein lies the biggest problem with these threads! There is a belief amongst some viewers that some drivers can only be beaten if there isn't a level playing field! Why is it that if it goes one way, it's all conspiracy, or at the best lack of equality, yet if it goes the other then it's just sheer class?

I suppose the question that could be levelled is: was 2007 a level playing field?
Maybe
Latest quote? McLaren thread page 29 post 576 to 582 ish

Because they expected rain, and wanted Hamilton to only pit once. Because they could afford to take a risk on Button. Because they'd been stung in Budapest making hasty decisions.

And Sauber made the same mistake, but no-one is suggesting Peter Sauber is running a conspiracy because he fancies Kobayashi.

It's been explained, quite a few times, that to many that doesn't make sense. But of course you'd rather label any opposing opinion a 'conspiracy' *yawn*. Show me where i've said it was a conspiracy against either McLaren driver (good luck with that), or you could just engage in an adult debate (or even dialectic, i'm not fussed if you agree with me or not) instead of trawling out the same tired old rubbish about 'conspiracy' and 'fancying' drivers. Bother to read what ive written next time and look at what questions are being asked please instead of copying and pasting some standard troll response. Cheers :)

I don't think I can compete with that.[/quote
I'm sure that you will be able to access the BBC Breakfast News....the day after the Oz GP? around 7-30am

I take notes...but unfortunately do not always date & time.

If it is just my opinion....then I mark it as such.

The only people who seem to mention a conspiracy...are the one who are saying there isn't one.

Maybe what I perceive to be happening at McLaren is considered by some to be a conspiracy?
What I see is, Whitmarsh at McLaren, choosing Jenson Button....
MW wants all to see that he was right to have JB...
He wants JB as No1 at Macca
He tries to make this happen.
LH is never going to be a No2...& rightly so.
Last year JB may have got more points..but.IMHO..he certainly did not beat LH. There is a difference
LH had a lot to contend with on track & off it.

DRS makes a mockery of brilliant overtaking..........which LH excells at.
It takes away the ....'see a gap & go for it'.. & leaves it to...wait for a few corners & sail past.... your quarry is a sitting duck, so boring.
JB seems to have got the DRS.... well sorted
I wish the F1 lot would stop thinking that...Jo Public can be fooled....most folk are pretty astute. Even those who are new to F1,.. are soon be able to see the difference between a brilliant overtake & a DRS cert.

DRS makes a mockery of brilliant overtaking..........which LH excells at.
It takes away the ....'see a gap & go for it'.. & leaves it to...wait for a few corners & sail past.... your quarry is a sitting duck, so boring.
JB seems to have got the DRS.... well sorted
I wish the F1 lot would stop thinking that...Jo Public can be fooled....most folk are pretty astute. Even those who are new to F1,.. are soon be able to see the difference between a brilliant overtake & a DRS cert.
But you would have less "proper" overtakes without DRS. Drivers would not be able to get past slower drivers to come back at drivers they are supposed to be racing with. Essentially, from third back every overtake leads on to the opportunity for the next overtake so if you want more "proper" overtakes then you also want DRS.

Lewis is not getting hampered by DRS more than anyone else. I don't see how you think DRS is of particular benefit to Jenson either, who is a cracking overtaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom