Jenson Button signs for McLaren

Button versus Brawn - The contract fight!

• Yes - Should Jenson win the WDC he deserves a similar level of remuneration as previous winners

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Button's Brawn Contract

I agree not the best move for Jensen, he will be No 2 driver and if he will be happy with that fine. I hope that Brawn is not being blamed for any of this. I,m sorry, but a few million is fine isn't it, I thought you were driving for the love of it!!

Well unless McLaren are changing their driver policy for 2010, whoever joins them will have equal status with Lewis.

He might have equal status in terms of car, but he's still going to be the new boy facing up to an established driver in the team. There's bound to be some bias towards Lewis, even if it's sub-concious from the race engineers.

I couldn't believe all the rumours and I find it hard to believe now!

It'll certainly be an interesting partnership. An enormous challenge for the defending champ.

Full kudos to him for taking it on.

Well this will at least answer the old pub argument about which driver is faster and (presumably) Jenson will go back to his traditional helmet livery rather than the, in my opinion at least, rather unpleasent Brawn GP design he wore last year.

jenson had a momentarily lack of reason time...

is the guy mad? this is total and absolute suicide from a driving perspective. i simply see no reason for this step apart from a financial reason. and i agree with GM, this is just shocking.

But you can't blame him if it's for the money boga.
That's what you said on the Kimi thread so what's good for 1 is good for the other?

Brogan said:
But you can't blame him if it's for the money boga.
That's what you said on the Kimi thread so what's good for 1 is good for the other?

absolutely right bro... i don't blame jenson at all. i just seriously doubt the wisdom of this move.

Since McLaren are not a Merc partner nowadays and since they have two British drivers, why not a patrioticly British Green or A1GP style colourscheme? They're going to be unpopular anywhere other than en Grand-Bretagne in the future anyway, no?

Given that Vodaphone's colours are red then a nostalgic return to Red and White would be a winner (just don't say anything about packets of cigerettes!!)

If we are going down the historical route there are 2 real options in either BRG or Kiwi Orange.

Or indeed as you say TBY, an A1 style Union Flag thing would look good to.

cider_and_toast said:
I have just become Lewis Hamiltons biggest fan. Go Lewis, Go Lewis, Go Lewis.

LOL
Hey, at least they'll both beat the Lotus cars eh..

Maybe not the right move for Jense, but will be interesting to see. People might be surprised.. hmmm, may just have to visit the bookies..

Back
Top Bottom