Poll Italian Grand Prix Overtake of the Weekend - Poll Added

Italian Grand Prix Overtake of the Weekend

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grizzly

Bear
Contributor
Here we go then... Galahads summary is in, so lets begin nominations for overtake of the weekend. As ever, you can nominate as many passes as you like, we will vote on our favourites once the nominations have dried up at the end of the week.

Please copy/paste the lines from Galahads summary to make it nice and obvious for me to track and update as we go.

Keke's overtake video summary will go in later in the week.

BBC Highlights

Formula 1.com race edit

Overtaking summary - 13. Italian Grand Prix

Laps 2-3 - Safety Car

Lap 4 - 7 Schumacher passed 3 Hamilton for 3rd
2 Webber passed 4 Button for 6th
12 Maldonado passed 15 di Resta for 8th
18 Buemi passed 24 Glock for 14th
16 Kobayashi passed 14 Sutil for 16th
16 Kobayashi passed 24 Glock for 15th

Lap 5 - 1 Vettel passed 5 Alonso for 1st
17 Pérez passed 15 di Resta for 7th
6 Massa passed 20 Kovalainen for 11th
16 Kobayashi passed 18 Buemi for 13th
14 Sutil passed 24 Glock for 15th
9 Senna passed 25 Glock for 16th

Lap 6 - 6 Massa passed 19 Alguersuari for 9th
16 Kobayashi passed 20 Kovalainen for 11th
18 Buemi passed 20 Kovalainen for 12th

Lap 7 - 6 Massa passed 15 di Resta for 8th
9 Senna passed 14 Sutil for 14th
9 Senna passed 20 Kovalainen for 13th
14 Sutil passed 20 Kovalainen for 14th

Lap 8 - 6 Massa passed 17 Pérez for 7th

Lap 10 - 6 Massa passed 12 Maldonado for 6th

Lap 13 - 3 Hamilton passed 7 Schumacher for 3rd
7 Schumacher passed 3 Hamilton for 3rd
19 Alguersuari passed 15 di Resta for 9th

Lap 16 - 4 Button passed 3 Hamilton for 4th
4 Button passed 7 Schumacher for 3rd
15 di Resta passed 24 Glock for 14th

Lap 17 - 7 Schumacher passed 17 Pérez for 7th

Lap 18 - 7 Schumacher passed 12 Maldonado for 6th
18 Buemi passed 24 Glock for 14th

Lap 19 - 17 Pérez passed 12 Maldonado for 7th
19 Alguersuari passed 12 Maldonado for 8th
19 Alguersuari passed 17 Pérez for 7th
12 Maldonado passed 17 Pérez for 8th

Lap 20 - 15 di Resta passed 20 Kovalainen for 9th

Lap 21 - 19 Alguersuari passed 20 Kovalainen for 9th

Lap 23 - 6 Massa passed 17 Pérez for 6th

Lap 24 - 18 Buemi passed 12 Maldonado for 10th

Lap 27 - 3 Hamilton passed 7 Schumacher for 4th

Lap 30 - 9 Senna passed 12 Maldonado for 11th

Lap 31 - 19 Alguersuari passed 15 di Resta for 8th

Lap 36 - 4 Button passed 5 Alonso for 3rd

Lap 47 - 9 Senna passed 18 Buemi for 9th

Total overtakes: 43
Drivers:
most overtaking moves: Felipe Massa (6), Jaime Alguersuari (5), Bruno Senna (5)
Most times overtaken: Heikki Kovalainen (7), Timo Glock (6), Pastor Maldonado (6)

Cars: positions gained/positions lost:
Red Bull 2-0
McLaren 5-4
Ferrari 7-3
Mercedes GP 5-4
Renault 5-0
Williams 2-6
Force India 4-7
Sauber 6-5
Toro Rosso 9-3
Lotus 0-7
HRT 0-0
Virgin 0-6

Moves I have not included:
Lap 5 - 18 Buemi, 16 Kobayashi, 24 Glock, 14 Sutil & 9 Senna passed 21 Trulli - Trulli's car was damaged following a collision with Massa and other unidentified car

I'll get the ball rolling...

Most obviously and, for 1st place no less:

Vettel certainly put some of my doubts over his fighting ability to bed with this shot round the outside of Alonso!

Well Liuzzi made the most places at the start!
But in all seriousness its got to be Vettels on Alonso, it wasn’t the only overtake on the outside of that corner that race but as it was for the lead of the race plus he didn’t need the win as he’s so far in front in the WDC plus it was half on the grass made it all the more impressive!

A tough one this. Vettel for keeping his foot in? Button for overtaking the two toughest competitors on the track? I'll give it to JB, not just for the pass on Schuey, but also being in the right place to take advantage when Schuey made Lewis wet himself, and all in the same lap.:D

Edit: Didn't read the instructions! Repaired!

Lap 13 - 3 Hamilton passed 7 Schumacher for 3rd
7 Schumacher passed 3 Hamilton for 3rd

A lot of the others were like taking candy from a baby but these overtakes were very hard earnt.

If I didn't think that Vettel's overtake on Alonso was impatient and wreckless, which I do, it may have been a contender.

Lap 16 - 4 Button passed 7 Schumacher for 3rd

Ok - Schumi's rear tyres were pretty shot, but the way JB had reeled them both in and capitalised on "the chop" in the space of a single lap made me leap up from the sofa in a moment of savage joy!*

*and let us not forget that the one of the entertainment purposes of Motor-racing is to create such blood-stirring moments - I know that technically it perhaps wasn't the best overtake of the weekend, but it was the one that gave me most pleasure...

Going for Senna on Buemi, some guys in Midfield teams would just stick with a point if they were to score their first points in F1, but Senna gambled and hunted down Buemi and his move could just give him a job at Renault again next season.

Nominations so far:

Lap 13 - 3 Hamilton passed 7 Schumacher for 3rd / 7 Schumacher passed 3 Hamilton for 3rd

Lap 16 - 4 Button passed 3 Hamilton for 4th / 4 Button passed 7 Schumacher for 3rd

Lap 47 - 9 Senna passed 18 Buemi for 9th

Going for Senna on Buemi, some guys in Midfield teams would just stick with a point if they were to score their first points in F1, but Senna gambled and hunted down Buemi and his move could just give him a job at Renault again next season.

That was an enjoyable couple of laps with Senna hustling Buemi. I liked the way Senna got blocked once or twice, then waited for his moment and completely closed him out into the chicane

__

I have another as well.

Lap 36 - 4 Button passed 5 Alonso for 3rd

Nice little punch and counter punch. Great respect between both drivers.

I think these were near enough one move, but guess the one on Lewis was easy as he had to back out after being pushed on the grass, but the one on Schumacher was stunning, especially after lewis had so much trouble trying the same thing. Also loved Buttons comment about just closing his eyes and going for it.. LOL

Vettel's on Alonso for me. Brave (almost to the point of stupidity, but not quite) and very well executed.
Can't really call Button's pass on Hamilton a pass as Lewis was recovering from being "encouraged" on to the grass by Schumi, and Schumi didn't put up any fight at all against Button, which I found odd. Honourable mention to Senna for hunting down Buemi even though he didn't really have to

Back
Top Bottom