Grand Prix 2022 Brazil Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

The penultimate Race of the season is upon us, at 1 of the greatest circuits on the calendar got a brilliant atmosphere with the stands so close to track, circuit right in the middle of the neighbourhood, very enjoyable track with elevation changes, such great history synonymous with carlos pace who the circuit was renamed after to honor him in 1985 after his death in 1977 after but of course Ayrton senna the greatest Brazilian driver of all time & a driver who transcended F1 became a global icon & its all to play for nothing to play for

interlagos itself comes from the fact that it is located in a region between two large artificial lakes being the english name of between the lakes, which were built in the beginning of the 20th century to supply the city of sao paulo with water & electricity. funnily the circuit has the great depression to thank for existing because appartantly The land was originally bought in 1926 by property developers but because of the 1929 stock market crash & great depression that followed, the housing was shelved & it decided to build a racing circuit instead, 9 years later construction began on circuit inspired by Indianapolis & Brooklands. it wouldnt be til 1956 that it was 1st properally raced on with a endurance race. F1 wouldnt arrive until 1972 on the then 8km circuit albeit in a non-championship pretence as a test to convince the FIA that its organizers could successively organise a GP
temp 1.jpg

although we would only race there 7 times. because the 8km layout was very unpopular with drivers, with complaints of bumpy track surface and the inadequate barriers, deep ditches, and embankments, to such an extent the final race in 1980 very nearly cancelled after driver protests. which lead to spending the next Decade at Jacarepaguá. but after 10 years & a 15 million revamp + the hometown of at the time Senna who risen to god like status. we rejoined the modern circuit that we know today
temp 2.png
temp 3.jpg

1 thing you can usually guarantee there is always action & rarely a dull grand prix espically now it has been moved towards the season finale back in 2004. who could forget
Senna victory 1991, when he only had 6th gear & exhausted on the podium
Barrichello in 1999, who looked on course for brilliant underdog victory as he took the leading from ailing mclarens & pulling away from schumacher. until engine gave way heartbreakingly
2001 - when Montoya burst on the scene & was overtook schumacher brilliantly, had the race in the bag but then a controversial moment involving verstappen (surely not LOL) as he was trying to lap him Montoya was taken out of the race & forced to retire
2003 - the race where the monsoon came down & turn 3 became a car park due to aquaplaning, a confusing finish where nobody knew how to interpret the rules following a late crash (thankfully we learnt from our lessons ;)) which meant nobody was stood in correct position on podium & fisichella got the trophy 2 weeks later in imola
2006 - season finale where Alonso became the youngest double champion, &schumacher incredible drive through the field in his final race for ferrari
2007 - when Kimi Raikkonen pulled off the most incredible comeback having being 17 pts behind with 20pts available
2008 - the greatest finish to a F1 season there ever has been, Massa winning his home race & being world champion for 30 seconds. until "is that glock"
2009 - Button brilliant drive through the field from 14th after wet qualifying to finish 5th & clinch his only world title, incredible fairytale season & sing iconic "we are the champions"
2012 - which was voted the greatest race of the decade, with championship between vettel & alonso on a knifeedge & remembered for being the race, hulkenburg shouldve won in his force india
2016 - another epic wet race & verstappen incredible wet weather drive where he went from 14th to 3rd in 10 laps
2018 - where Verstappen looked on course for comfortable win when tables turned & Ocon who was being lapped made a stupid move took out the race leader. let to some very aggressive scenes in weighing area
2019 - a race that had absoultely mad final 5 laps where Hamilton took out albon who couldve won, then Gasly outdragging Hamilton to the line for 2nd & Sainz getting the joy of his 1st podium following a post race penalty for Hamilton
2021 - the greatest drive of his career potenially as he was disqualified for DRS infraction from qualifying. went from 20th to 5th in 24 lap sprint race & then after 5 place grid penalty. came from 10th to 1st. to win & keep his title hopes alive

Last edited:
on this weekend it looks pretty changeable, from the forecast looks like maybe history & the 1st ever wet sprint race as well qualifying with a dry race

temp 1.png

I can't wait for this race! Brazil is in my top 5 of the year and I absolutely love this track! I hope Ferrari and Mercedes find something to challenge Red Bull. Last year's race was wild and so was 2019. I'll never forget the two Ferraris coming together and Vettel's famous radio message 😂

I can't wait for this race! Brazil is in my top 5 of the year and I absolutely love this track! I hope Ferrari and Mercedes find something to challenge Red Bull. Last year's race was wild and so was 2019. I'll never forget the two Ferraris coming together and Vettel's famous radio message 😂
oh yeah Vettel, that was the end of his time at ferrari, there no coming back from talking your teammate out in way he did

that Q1 was Brilliant. changeable conditions, driver skill at forefront, underdogs taking fastest time alonso, albon, gasly, norris & latifi. the big 6 probably under the biggest pressure all season as they all had to set a lap otherwise they out in Q1

Ferrari lurching from disaster to disaster in qualifying :givemestrength:

Leclerc would've been furious if Q1 had happened nevermind what happened in Q2 & Q3. cant believe they left Leclerc on stands with no tyres with 4 mins to go while they had a committee meetin

& Q3 i thought it goes without saying. that in those conditions. you get out on slicks & get a lap in as quickly as you can. if it tips it down then you come in for inters. as you lost nothing. so why they went inters is confusing & why only leclerc & not both ferraris is even more bafflingly. as do ferrari have different radars on that pitwall

Oh my gosh!!! What an amazing Qualifying! That was truly special and I am so happy for Kevin! What a lap! He was genuinely the fastest guy out there. Super, super job! Haas is my second favorite team after Ferrari so well done to them!

I can't say the same for Russell and Ferrari. What a stupid call from Ferrari, what were they thinking?! I'm actually mad at them for making such a dumb mistake. But such is Ferrari the last half of the season so whatever. And Russel? Probably the worst I've seen him in that Mercedes. He started out so good and now he's just kinda... Meh. What happened to the guy?

p.s. Russell was a total dumbass

Russel? Probably the worst I've seen him in that Mercedes. He started out so good and now he's just kinda... Meh. What happened to the guy?
ill defend russell abit he just put a bit of car on the grass. destabilised the rear & by that point he'd missed his braking point anyone couldve done that. but he was too over eager in the gravel

he had beat Hamilton in Q2. Russell has dropped it feels but could it be hes stayed the same Hamilton returned to his best form. i would still rather have Russell in that car than Bottas

Last edited:
ill defend russell abit he just put a bit of car on the grass. destabilised the rear & by that point he'd missed his braking point anyone couldve done that. but he was too over eager in the gravel

he had beat Hamilton in Q2. Russell has dropped it feels but could it be hes stayed the same Hamilton returned to his best form. i would still rather have Russell in that car than Bottas
Given that Russell prevented anyone improving by having an accident, he should be moved to the back for that part of qualifying, I‘ve always said that if, in qualifying, a driver defends their position by causing a red flag, they need a penalty.

i agree with that it is a bit weird that russell benefits in starting 3rd & it is long overdue that you lose your fastest time. i remember chats about this in monaco 2006 when Schumacher deliberately parked his car at rascasse

Back
Top Bottom