Grand Prix 2022 Brazil Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

The penultimate Race of the season is upon us, at 1 of the greatest circuits on the calendar got a brilliant atmosphere with the stands so close to track, circuit right in the middle of the neighbourhood, very enjoyable track with elevation changes, such great history synonymous with carlos pace who the circuit was renamed after to honor him in 1985 after his death in 1977 after but of course Ayrton senna the greatest Brazilian driver of all time & a driver who transcended F1 became a global icon & its all to play for nothing to play for

interlagos itself comes from the fact that it is located in a region between two large artificial lakes being the english name of between the lakes, which were built in the beginning of the 20th century to supply the city of sao paulo with water & electricity. funnily the circuit has the great depression to thank for existing because appartantly The land was originally bought in 1926 by property developers but because of the 1929 stock market crash & great depression that followed, the housing was shelved & it decided to build a racing circuit instead, 9 years later construction began on circuit inspired by Indianapolis & Brooklands. it wouldnt be til 1956 that it was 1st properally raced on with a endurance race. F1 wouldnt arrive until 1972 on the then 8km circuit albeit in a non-championship pretence as a test to convince the FIA that its organizers could successively organise a GP
temp 1.jpg

although we would only race there 7 times. because the 8km layout was very unpopular with drivers, with complaints of bumpy track surface and the inadequate barriers, deep ditches, and embankments, to such an extent the final race in 1980 very nearly cancelled after driver protests. which lead to spending the next Decade at Jacarepaguá. but after 10 years & a 15 million revamp + the hometown of at the time Senna who risen to god like status. we rejoined the modern circuit that we know today
temp 2.png
temp 3.jpg

1 thing you can usually guarantee there is always action & rarely a dull grand prix espically now it has been moved towards the season finale back in 2004. who could forget
Senna victory 1991, when he only had 6th gear & exhausted on the podium
Barrichello in 1999, who looked on course for brilliant underdog victory as he took the leading from ailing mclarens & pulling away from schumacher. until engine gave way heartbreakingly
2001 - when Montoya burst on the scene & was overtook schumacher brilliantly, had the race in the bag but then a controversial moment involving verstappen (surely not LOL) as he was trying to lap him Montoya was taken out of the race & forced to retire
2003 - the race where the monsoon came down & turn 3 became a car park due to aquaplaning, a confusing finish where nobody knew how to interpret the rules following a late crash (thankfully we learnt from our lessons ;)) which meant nobody was stood in correct position on podium & fisichella got the trophy 2 weeks later in imola
2006 - season finale where Alonso became the youngest double champion, &schumacher incredible drive through the field in his final race for ferrari
2007 - when Kimi Raikkonen pulled off the most incredible comeback having being 17 pts behind with 20pts available
2008 - the greatest finish to a F1 season there ever has been, Massa winning his home race & being world champion for 30 seconds. until "is that glock"
2009 - Button brilliant drive through the field from 14th after wet qualifying to finish 5th & clinch his only world title, incredible fairytale season & sing iconic "we are the champions"
2012 - which was voted the greatest race of the decade, with championship between vettel & alonso on a knifeedge & remembered for being the race, hulkenburg shouldve won in his force india
2016 - another epic wet race & verstappen incredible wet weather drive where he went from 14th to 3rd in 10 laps
2018 - where Verstappen looked on course for comfortable win when tables turned & Ocon who was being lapped made a stupid move took out the race leader. let to some very aggressive scenes in weighing area
2019 - a race that had absoultely mad final 5 laps where Hamilton took out albon who couldve won, then Gasly outdragging Hamilton to the line for 2nd & Sainz getting the joy of his 1st podium following a post race penalty for Hamilton
2021 - the greatest drive of his career potenially as he was disqualified for DRS infraction from qualifying. went from 20th to 5th in 24 lap sprint race & then after 5 place grid penalty. came from 10th to 1st. to win & keep his title hopes alive

Last edited:
Anyway... Brazil never, ever disappoints!!! What a race! I was watching with my family and as I was saying, "this race is already super exciting, but a safety car would put it into overdrive!" As the words were leaving my mouth Norris broke down and the safety car came out! What a race! I'm so happy for George! His first win, thats always special. What a drive from him. It looks like the George that I've come to respect is back in full swing! Alonso was incredible and proves why I love the guys driving even though he had a mistake in the Sprint. Ricciardo and Norris made some dumb moves. Nothing to defend Ricciardo and almost nothing to defend Norris. I know he said that he's not here to just get passed but you have to understand your own car's limitations and he pretty much just drove into Leclerc. There was quite a few dumb moves from skilled drivers. Verstappen was a complete ass and the little respect I had left for him is gone. I dislike him more than I did when he was at Toro Rosso and his first couple of seasons with Red Bull. I'm super happy for Ferrari! They turned their weekend around and scored some good points! And Carlos' battle with Checo was awesome! Hopefully they can get both 2nd places in the championship. Definitely one of the best races all year!

i know we love a bit of horner bashing. & him trying to be cool uncle as he doesnt want to lay the law incase they dont like him. will always bite him on the arse & i wish he was more like Wolff, Otmar, Brawn in the past & for once praise Ferrari with binotto. any Mercedes silly games was beaten out them in 2016 when he threatened both Lewis & nico in post spa that they if did that again he would sit them out for the next race & if you dont like that you know where the door is

or Vettel tried his red bull tactics at ferrari Russia 2019? so binotto kept him out so leclerc would undercut him & force him to give the place back

they should tell Verstappen go home we are putting the reserve driver next week as we cant trust you to follow our instructions in our car. & you thinking your superior to 1000 people that work in our factory. but Horner wont do that because he wants to be fun uncle Christian

Last edited:
they should tell Verstappen go home we are putting the reserve driver next week as we cant trust you to follow our instructions in our car. & you thinking your superior to 1000 people that work in our factory. but Horner wont do that because he wants to be fun uncle Christian
He does need to learn some respect because ultimately, the team has all the authority to decide what they want to do with their cars. Verstappen is spoiled and thinks that team is 100% his. He probably doesn't care as much about all the other people who work their since he believes they can't win without him. But it's also Red Bulls fault for making a car and team that only works around their star driver. He thinks he's the best but I think there are drivers on the grid with more class and better analyzing when to overtake than him. No wonder Ricciardo left.

Max is stupidly talented but he is a Total W####r

How would he have reacted if Hamilton had taken the cornering line that Max took last year boring him off almost into the Next time zone.....yes he would have crashed deliberately into Hamilton.

Max seems to Have a Problem with every driver but seems especially to have an Issue with Hamilton....you cant help wondering if Its partly at Least due to Hamiltons colour.

How would he have reacted if Hamilton had taken the cornering line that Max took last year boring him off almost into the Next time zone.....yes he would have crashed deliberately into Hamilton.
oh he wouldve been absolutely furious, as he was with ocon in very similar situation

Max seems to Have a Problem with every driver but seems especially to have an Issue with Hamilton....you cant help wondering if Its partly at Least due to Hamiltons colour.
it certainly nothing to with colour. its just them 2, its become physiological on level we havent seen since senna & prost. i think they secretly rate each other so much. they cant give an inch that they do to other drivers because they dont want to have let the other have the slightest upper hand & now how tough they are to overtake. where as red bull dont rate ferrari because historically they always fall apart

you never called him a racist but like world cup next week. if you dispute that the qatar bid wasnt clean, you know as well as me thats exactly where the conversation was going.

prefer to at least see the positive in people & i believe considering we have all season seen his career. he wants to win & at all costs because he would do it to anyone as shown by how he treated with teammates Sainz Riccardo & Perez ive seen nothing else to say otherwise

Say it isn't so ... the Dutch media you say?

The Dutch media alleges that Perez has admitted to the team that he spun deliberately in Q3 at Monaco when he had a quicker time on the board than Verstappen but Max had every chance of beating it with his final run.

View attachment 16097

i dont buy it 1 bit, if your going to crash deliberately your going to do a schumacher. your going put it in the barrier taking off our rear wing, potential damage to gearbox, as leclerc found out & getting T boned in a blind corner
Now it makes sense where Perez does not get a tow at Spa.

As far as crashing deliberately..it sounds absurd given the potential consequences in the budget cap era .

Now it makes sense where Perez does not get a tow at Spa.

As far as crashing deliberately..it sounds absurd given the potential consequences in the budget cap era .
I agree. I don't think Perez crashed on purpose given the stakes and he doesn't seem like that kind of driver. He's played a support role ever since joining Red Bull. The media does what the media always does, make a big deal about something that didn't happen or skew the facts and blindly support their national hero no matter what.

Plus, I don't know why he would try to stop Verstappen when he himself was behind both Ferrari's.
thats the bit that doesnt make sense as i had forgotten it was 3rd i assumed it was for pole. because can you imagine schumacher 2006 & rosberg 2016 doing that for 3rd. as out of the last 25 years, the only winners of monaco gp from outside of front row was 1996, 2000, 2003, 2008 & 2016 96 08 & 16 were wet. in 2000 for some reason only 9 cars finished & 5 on lead lap. so really under normal circumstances it was once in 25 years.

Back
Top Bottom