Iconic images of Formula One

tumblr_lr7bn7KhIA1qbb5xmo1_1280.jpg
Graham-e-Damon-Hill-aerodromo-anni-60.jpg

Google Images -> I entered -> Damon and Graham Hill.:D
There are other great images of Graham Hill, e.g. him racing down a slope on the Nordschleife in a bathtub.

Last edited:
Shame it was such a stinker and it took Elio from us. I think BMW had sort of of lost the will by that point as well as, if I recall correctly, the most significant problem was getting oil around the engine as Murray had laid it on it's side and BMW couldn't, or wouldn't, resolve the problem.

Also, the Pirelli tyres were crap. Now where have I heard that said recently?

Well, Elio died of petrol fume inhalations, so really what really killed him was the inefficiency and lack of safety measures that were the norm during testing sessions at the time, and especially at the Paul-ricard, which was notorious for its lack of well-trained marshalling staff.
Three drivers stopped at the scene of Elio's crash - Mansell Jones and Prost - and they had to wait an agonising half-hour before anyone even turned up with something a bit more efficient at putting a fire out than the pocket-sized extinguishers that their own cars were equipped with.
I read an account from Jones about it, who described it as the most disgracing thing he's ever seen....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom