Hamilton demoted again!

Don't worry, this way the Australia top four will all get thrown out on April 14th, leaving the winner as Fernando Alonso!

well weather hamilton slowed to 15mph or not he certainly got told to let trulli past by Mclaren the Transscript of the convo is on autosport now. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74159

This bit is is intresting

"Team: Lewis, you need to allow the Toyota through. Allow the Toyota through now.

LH: OK.

LH: He's slowed right down in front of me.

Team: OK, Lewis. Stay ahead for the time being. Stay ahead. We will get back to you. We are talking to Charlie.

LH: I let him past already.

Team: OK, Lewis. That's fine. That's fine. Hold position. Hold position."

nothing seems to quite add up!?

The reason Trulli slowed down of course was because there was a damn great breakdown truck on the track, that much is obvious from the on-board footage. So why aren't both disqualified?

Right, from the video, it would seem that LH passed the Toyota after the toyota went agricultural, wghich is fair enough, then it seemed LH slowed down the corner before the accident, where there was loads of debris over the track and a massive great truck in the road, this also seems a fair place to slow down. At this time, Trulli shoots past LH trying to get his place back (it really doesn't look like he was let through considering this is the scene of the Vettel/Kubica accident).

To me, it still looks like Trulli and Toyota are the ones in the wrong, the transcript fromt he McLaren seems to be that they were discussing the issue and awaiting further clarification from race control, who couldn't be bothered to answer a simple question.

What do these people get paid for?!?

Right, a simple enough football quiz question for you all

1966 World Cup Final - Complete the following sentence:

"There's people on the pitch; they think its all over..."

a)It is now
b)we'll just confirm with FIFA that 4-2 is indeed the final score
c)Hurst scores, but Germany will want to appeal the second goal.

Don't change the result of the Australian GP, let Pedro de la Rosa dust off his crash hat for the next two races. This punishes McLaren too as they lose their front-line driver.

As for Trulli, if he's lying to the stewards about Hamilton's speed then Kamui Kobayashi of Toyota should also get an F1 debut.

Whatever, the Australian GP result should stand unamended and all bans should be squared after the race!

veravista said:
Any fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally.

Shouldn't this also apply to Mr Alonso last year for admitting he would do all he could to stop LH winning the championship?............... Hmmmm

What a mess! What chance that this will all blow over by the end of the weekend, with everyone totally astounded by an excellent race and all controversies are forgotten?! :whistle:

Pardon my french but I bet Maclaren are Sh!t scared to do anything now.

Every move they plan to make they'll be over thinking and scrutinising the rule books to make sure it legitimate.

Anyone fancy coming in cahoots and inventing a team called FIA racing?...... wonder how well we'll do? ;)

Amdathlonuk said:
Anyone fancy coming in cahoots and inventing a team called FIA racing?...... wonder how well we'll do? ;)

I think your team name should be Scuderia Ferrari, actually...

OK, now I'm officially confused...

According to Jonathan Legard's Blog:
As I understand it, if Hamilton had finished the race in third and been honest about the circumstances and the discussions on the team radio then the chances are that the stewards would have reinstated Trulli in third ahead of the Englishman and that would have been the end of the matter.
Why on earth would Truilli have been reinstated to 3rd?
Is Legard suggesting that there is no contingency in the FIA rule book for a driver going off and rejoining the circuit under a safety car?

Hamilton was within his rights to pass Trulli as he was off the circuit.
Surely Trulli's position then becomes wherever he happens to rejoin; in this instance 4th?

No wonder McLaren were so concerned about letting Trulli back past when the rules are as unclear as this.

The reports are that the FIA may take further action over the Oz safety car debacle. In fact, the FIA have decided to take this all a step further. They are not just taking the team and Hamilton to task over this. Oh no. :no:

When it comes to the image of the sport, the FIA view everything as the big picture, including the fans !!

FIA accuse McLaren fans of inconsistency

“The persistent and unfair meddling of McLaren fans in the affairs of Formula One long after the events have finished is ruining our once-great sport,” the FIA complained. “Why can’t we just watch a race, let it finish, fiddle with the results a bit and have done with it all? There’s no need for all of this grief afterwards.” ROFL

just getting back to the point in the radio conversation between lewis and pits 'he slowed down in front of me', could it not be the case that trulli was in doubt as to his position and let lewis past to avoid being in trouble himself? bloody safety cars should be banned :givemestrength:

ok, my very final say on the matter.

the moment LH stepped out and said 'i am happy to be third' he hit rock bottom. he knew he had been untrue to the stewards and this cost a fellow driver points. really something to be happy about.

maybe there is some sense to wat happened on the track. but what happened afterwards is just one big black hole. this will haunt LH till the end of his F1 days.

i know lots of F1 drivers have done all they could to get points, legal or illegal floorboards and secret fuel tanks. thats F1, you try to get the upper hand, some you win and some you lose. i am fine with that, take a risk and get burned if you get found out. but to stand before stewards and willingly bring down another driver. that in my memory is a first and i hope a once in a lifetime.

subject closed.

There's an interesting article in The Times today.
It has emerged that the British driver ... contacted the sport governing body’s president Max Mosley as the controversy blew up. He expressed his frustration that he had been led by McLaren into falsely telling the stewards he had not been instructed to allow Trulli past and that he was so disenchanted he was considering leaving the team and the sport. It is believed Mosley advised the driver not to do this.
Shortly afterwards Hamilton and his father Anthony are believed to have demanded that McLaren allow the driver to hold his own press conference.
Hamilton was allowed use of the FIA’s press conference room in Malaysia, something normally reserved for official FIA press conferences. Its use by a driver or team is unprecedented. This and the fact that the conference was attended by Mosley’s second in command Alan Donnelly has fuelled suggestions that Hamilton could have been granted some sort of amnesty against further action in exchange for “coming clean”.
So it would seem there is a bit more to this story than has been put in the public domain although we can't be entirely sure if it's fact or supposition.

I can however see this permanently changing the relationship between Hamilton and McLaren with a move to another team now far more likely.

More here: Lewis Hamilton wanted to quit over Melbourne lies

bogaTYR said:
but to stand before stewards and willingly bring down another driver. that in my memory is a first and i hope a once in a lifetime.

Although to stand before a courtroom and willingly bring down another team is not indeed a first. I cannot imagine how naïve you must be to think that no-one has ever done this before! The fact of the matter is that McLaren were crap at it! I'm sure at Monaco in 2006, Schumi stood up and said "Yeah, I parked the car to disrupt Alonso's lap!" It happens all the time! George Graham of Arsenal is the only football manager in Britain caught accepting bungs, but would you say that football managers don't accept kickbacks?

bogaTYR said:
i know lots of F1 drivers have done all they could to get points, legal or illegal floorboards and secret fuel tanks. thats F1, you try to get the upper hand, some you win and some you lose. i am fine with that, take a risk and get burned if you get found out. but to stand before stewards and willingly bring down another driver. that in my memory is a first and i hope a once in a lifetime.

subject closed.

That really is rubbish. You seem obsessed with twisting everything against Hamilton.

Ralf Schu admitted on German TV that he had lied to Stewards in the past. Ferrari have quite obviously lied to the Stewards in the past.

The only Ralf quote I can find now is not the German commentary one. Aprox translation of Ralfs comments in Bild am Sonntag:
"I could not say that in my active time that I would not have acted in the same situation in the same way [as Hamilton]". "You are together with your team," Schumacher, 34, said, "and together you say what you have to say." "I do not condone lying but on the other hand Lewis was surely not the first to do so".

Submitting a car for scrutineering knowing full well it is illegal, isn't that lying to the stewards/misleading them?
Or is it just not volunteering information?

I'm just astounded how this whole incident has been blown up to the level it has.
It seems ludicrous.

There was a very good article in the Times yesterday about this whole sorry state of affairs.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 054328.ece

It is even reported that Hamilton Sr has sought the advice of Max Mosley, the FIA president, on the possibility of his son jumping team mid-season, leaving McLaren in the lurch. Anthony Hamilton is now running around in a state of fury that the fairytale of his son’s rise from a Stevenage council estate to world champion has warped into a morality play of very different dimensions. He is angry at Ryan, at Whitmarsh, at almost everyone except the one person who was in a position to end this sordid saga before it began: his son.

I started to read that article yesterday but soon stopped when I read some of the words and phrases the author was using.

On the face of it, it could have been a decent article but he allows his hatred of Hamilton to influence it too much.

Back
Top Bottom