Hamilton demoted again!

I've read the report but nowhere does it state that Hamilton and McLaren have been stripped of the position and points and what article of the rules they breached.

Presumably there is another stewards report detailing that?

That's just plain stupid of Lewis and McLaren then to tell porkies to the stewards and in light of that the disqualification is fully deserved in my opinion (and I say this as a McLaren fan) but........ Having listened to the radio it does all sound a bit confusing and it's a shame they couldn't get clarification from Charlie Whiting before the end of the race.

As long as they learn from this (they should already know but ho hum) :givemestrength:

Oh dear LOL

Just so you don't have to look it up (and I bet McLaren know it off by heart!)

Rule 151.c states

c) Any fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally.

Shame Max doesn't have to abide by this then ;)

Any fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally.
Shouldn't that apply to the Stewards last year, and to the diffuser argument, and to Max Moseley, and etc etc?

Hmm.

So now I find I'm fine with Hamilton being disqualified for misleading the stewards, but I'm not entirely sure that Trulli should have been reinstated?

From the footage (and I haven't listened to the sound so perhaps that's important too) it doesn't look like Hamilton slows much or even at all - Trulli sweeps past through the exit of the car park section (Turn 4 I think). He certainly doesn't pull over and stop as previous Toyota statements had made me think.

Yes, it's all a bit of a mess.

1. Why did McLaren and Hamilton mislead the stewards knowing they would be found out from the radio transcripts and TV interview?
2. Is there a transcript of the original meeting available to clear up any lingering doubts about what was said?
3. Why has Trulli been reinstated when it is quite clear Hamilton did not slow down to the reputed 15mph speed that has been quoted so often? In fact he hardly slows at all.
4. Are Toyota and Trulli now going to be penalised under section 151c for lying to the stewards?

It does seem that Trulli and Toyota have exaggerated the truth somewhat. Also the fact that Vettel was traveling at a much slower pace during the safety car period than Hamilton was seems to back this up. Hamilton certainly didn't slow down to the extent that I previously thought was the case. I can see this story dragging on well past this weekend.

I'm just confused now. Did the Toyota go off? When was Hamilton doing 15mph? How safe was it to 'cruise' past Hamilton just before the pick-up truck and who said he could? What the hell is going on?
The problem now is that the situation has boiled down, unnecessarily in my opinion, to one of somebody lying and therefore cheating. Not trying to bend the rules slightly, but deliberately trying to manipulate the results. If this is the case (and I don't believe it is) then you get the situation where one of the two parties is seen to be cheating. No grey areas now - this is black and white. Anybody who has ever taken part in any form of motorsport knows that this is simply not the case.
No account appears to be have taken of the circumstances under which this all happened. End of race, safety car, debris all over the shop and no real direction from race control. If, as appears to be the case, the teams rather than the stewards apparently have to decide what their driver can and cannot do then who can win from all this? Why can't race control take over all communications to the drivers and let them know what the situation is?

It would seem Toyota also tried to "con the stewards" by lying about Hamilton's speed when Trulli re-took the place.

I await with interest to see what penalty will be awarded to Toyota and Trulli for exactly the same infringement that McLaren and Hamilton have been found guilty of.

i don't know, i cannot see the video.

but what i do know is that our martin w is talking about telemetry and that LH did not have slow lap times, however there is nothing about a slow segment time.

also, there are two things missing so far:
1. what about that SC sign which LH was supposed to be reading?
2. what about Trulli trying to let LH pass him again?

its all still pretty odd.

but still, its clear now LH was not honest to the stewards, so thats one point solved and one punishment making sense. as GM noted, why Trulli was re instated indeed makes less sense.

thats another fine mess you gotten us into! just to quote an old favourite.

Back
Top Bottom