Future F1 Grands Prix

Oh dear God, I hope looks are deceiving and somehow that track could provide some decent racing because it looks bloody awful. I've no idea what to make of that never ending left hander around the "flag island" (which looks like the closest F1 has ever come to having a round-about in a track) but the rest of the corners just look dull.

Last edited:
Does this fill you with optimism? And I feel we should start a petition to call Turn 2/3/4 Flag Island!
512px-Circuit_Sochi.svg.png

Nothing turn 1. Crazy pit entry. Nearly 90° corners. Accommodation of an area which is totally inappropriate for motorsport. Fast corner basically a straight. The number 3 added to a piece of tarmac where no corner seems to exist.

It is going to be craptacular.

I quite like the look of the roundabout section at turns 2,3,4 and 5 I especially like the fact that they snuck a cheeky little turn 3 in there where it doesn't really need to be...

90 degree corners can be quite good for overtaking, go back and watch the Phoenix race on Yout Ube.

Yeah but this is modern F1 we're talking about, any car that gets within a car length of the car ahead is liable to explode under modern aero rules.

Back
Top Bottom