Future F1 Grands Prix

Another installation rather than a racing circuit, at least there aren't many run off areas. I'm always amazed when a designer is given a completely blank piece of paper to work with and still comes up with something naff.

Clearly got a good deal on concrete walls and chain fences :sick:
Rather featureless other than the occasional stadium. Not much imagination gone into that.
Almost makes Valencia look interesting.

FB - I don't think he was given anything resembling a blank piece of paper. Closer to "here's our Olympic Park, build us a circuit using the roads around it. You'll have to build the pits outside the Olympic Park, though, and you're still using our old roads."

Ah, I see. Still crap though, nearly as featureless as the one in the Caesars Palace car park.

DRAFT 2015 CALENDAR dates subject to change.

March 15 - Australia (Melbourne)
March 29 - Malaysia (Sepang)
April 5 - Bahrain (Sakhir)
April 19 - China (Shanghai)
May 10 - Spain (Barcelona)
May 24 - Monaco (Monte Carlo)
June 7 - Canada (Montreal)
June 21 - Austria (Red Bull Ring)
July 5 - Britain (Silverstone)
July 19 - Germany (Nurburgring)
July 26 - Hungary (Budapest)
August 23 - Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
September 6 - Italy (Monza)
September 20 - Singapore (Singapore)
September 27 or October 4 - Japan (Suzuka)
October 11 - Russia (Sochi)
October 25 - Mexico (Mexico City)
November 1 - United States (Austin)
November 15 - Brazil (Interlagos)
November 22 or November 29 - Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)

Spa is supposed to be the last Sunday in August with Italy two weeks later. It has been for several years before this and is much more convenient for me.

On the BBC Red Button F1 headlines this morning the German GP was being shown as Hockenheim next season. Is this just a BBC typing error (of which there are many), or is it really Bye-Bye Nurburgring? At the moment the page has been truncated so the list has disappeared.

terrible track: straight, 90 degree corner, straight 90 degree corner, straight 90 degree corner
Looks like they are going for all the Action into turn 2, but must admit does look like a slight upgrade on the track that was in the Car Park at Las Vegas in the early 80's. Not sure it's what to make of the track, I reckon we need to wait until at least lap 10 to see if F1 is being strangeled by corporation & the chase of the $ or in this case rubel:
27-Mar-11-rFactorCentral-0227_4639-CAESARS_PALACE_F1_1981_1982.jpg

What is Bernie's obsession with street circuits? I know he wanted to have the one in New York "so the ladies could go shopping" (sexist old git). So now we have a choice between Tilke dromes in the middle of nowhere or point and squirt street circuits.

Big up F1, Brap! I'm off to watch sports cars and touring cars.

Back
Top Bottom