Future F1 Grands Prix

India would still be there if it wasn't for the fact they wanted to charge a higher rate of tax on the earnings of each team.

So, the message is, as long as you keep the tax low and the revenue high, you get your race.

Not the sort of image Bernie would want to present to a German court now, surely?

Last edited:
It's just skipping a year because it will be moving earlier in the calendar, it's nothing to do with the tax. The organisers just felt they couldn't host two events as close together as late 2013 and early 2014.

Ecclestone wanted to move the race earlier in the season but there is an issue with tax. The Indian government want to tax the revenue of teams total earnings while in India and not just on the revenue they earn while in India. I.E. the corporation tax they want to charge is on, for example, the entire wealth of Red Bull Racing for the duration they are working in India.

Ecclestone is not happy about this and while the race is being moved and conveniently skipping a year, there is a grave doubt about whether it's coming back at all.

Pie Chart Showing Laps Led at the Indian Grand Prix:

TBY.webp

Well, OK, Seb and the Chandhoks then. Or are you referring to the German refugee selling kebabs underneath the grandstand at Buddh International? :thinking:

The Russian race is in doubt because the RAF did not make the deadline of the 31st July, I know, I know it's an easy thing to to do, after all they have only been planning the race of 50 years.

And,,,, can somebody explain to me what that big loop is supposed to achieve? Made up of turns 2,3,4 and 5

It's meant to run in the Olympic park, so it'll probably be around a stadium or something like that I expect.

Back
Top Bottom