Future F1 Grands Prix

Red Bull Ring track layout, via WTF1

945720_557826097609013_1891027584_n.jpg

Having just watch the Renault 3.5 series at the 'Red Bull Ring' I can't say I'm on the edge of my seat with excitment at F1 going there.

The track has 8 corners and a massive escape road that will have to police for people cutting when they miss their braking points. The straights are massively long which will mean DRS will just make the overtaking pointless.

How so?

There's 19 races this season without New Jersey, then there's two races coming in (Austria and Russia), that makes it 21 no?

From what is just read here and there, it could be that South Korea and/or India are falling off.

A report in a magazine called Speed Week said Korea's current contract runs through 2016 and poor popularity being the main reason for this decision. For India, the magazine said: "We are hearing that the 2013 race is financially backed, but not the 2014 one. "Indian sources suggest the (promoter) Jaypee Group is nearing bankruptcy."

Let's hope so it's true.:D

I don't know if anyone remembers the noises that the Indian circuit builders were making when they were under construction; they were stating that they expected the circuit to be "almost as fast as Monza", and the circuit would be "the second fastest on the calendar". Now, when I looked at the circuit plans, and looked at the length of the circuit, there was no way that could ever be true!!! If it had been built on twice the scale, then maybe!

I mean, other than the Italian, British, Belgian, Australian, etc, it probably was one of the fastest....

Last edited:
Whats the fewest number of GP's any race has held? I know Aintree and Donnington were one offs but they weren't purpose built for just one formula.

F1Yorkshire

Dallas GP 1984 - the track crumbled in the heat and the F1 circuit never went back

Caesar's Palace GP -2 races I think - an attempt to capture the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas to rival Monaco unfortunately the race was run on a temporary circuit within car parks

Back
Top Bottom