Future F1 Grands Prix

I'm beginning to get the feeling that Mr Ecclestone is playing a game. He keeps on announcing more and more circuits, some of which are impossible and others are unlikely. He then announces that current circuits are at risk even though they are not. The idea is to keep on increasing the charges to the existing races saying that if they don't cough up then they will be replaced.

Look at the gaps this season, all down to the non-appearance of circuits which never turned up and were never likely to. New Jersey is another good example of this.

Is the drug war that is Mexico any different?

Mexico = Man with lots of money who is an F1 fan. Big fan base. Classic track that could be done up.

I would be happy to see Mexico back on the cal and we probably will

Bernie saying New Jersey is a no go because they don't have the money

Mexico would make sense now that are two drivers in F1 and one of them drives for a leading team

Bahrain will stay and China I think

Korea may be the one in jeopardy

The Mexican circuit has not been used for an F1 race since 1992. There have been many changes since then, even if the circuit were still in peak condition, which it probably is not, it would take an awful lot of work to get it ready.

Will it be Tilkerised?

I did object to Bahrain because of the racial problems there. Mexico is just plain lawless an corrupt ; not a safe place for the drivers to be.

Back
Top Bottom