Future F1 Grands Prix

I have to say I don't. but then again i didn't like the never ending turns 1 and 2 in Shanghai but its sort of grown on me. The layout looks a little dull, but didn't people say that about Melbourne when it was first proposed, that hasn't done too bad.​

Melbourne has the advantage of being the first race of the year. This gives it a lot more uncertainty so there tend to be more surprises, like the Brawn was really fast.

“Mexico City is a better place to hold the race than Cancun,” he said. “In more or less any city around the world you could ask people 'where is Mexico City?' and they would say Mexico. If you said to somebody where is Cancun they would say 'I don't know.'”

Only Bernie can come up with that kind of nonsenseLOL. Ask people around the world "where is Vatican City?" and they would say Vatican. So what? Not difficult if the name of the country happens to be same name of the city...

ZakspeedYakspeed Yes it was really impressive, but too many crashes have happened there (Berger, Piquet and obviously Senna), so it was definetly right to calm it down. Actually this seems to be only one of all those "safety modifications" I approved of.

@GermanF1- add patrese in there as well!

Now I thought that the hermanos e Rodriguez circuit in Mexico had a football field built over the peraltada (or something like that)... I'm not sure that any talk of races there is credible!

Baseball but they have still been racing there, only affects visibility if you try to look across the curve, but not whats in front of you. Champ Car actually ran a race that went through the baseball stadium to bypass the pretty sketch peraltada.

Mexico makes sense from a financial perspective as the article suggests, and if it means we don't get another street race then I'm all for renovating the Hermanos Rodriguez. Unfortunately the best thing about it was the Peraltada and you can be sure that's the one corner that won't return in original form after Tilke the appointed designer has finished.

:o

oh the humanity....

I know it is not the Osterreichring ... but at least his hands were tied regarding what he had to work with ... i.e. no mickey mouse chicanery ...

Back
Top Bottom