Head To Head Fernando Alonso vs Kimi Räikkönen

Seriously though, the thing that makes me think there might be something long-term going on between Alonso and McLaren is the arrival of Honda.
FA would be a PR dream for Honda on the japanese market because as we have seen before during the Senna-McLaren years the kind of bollocks Alonso keeps blattering on about with his fascination with all aspects of Japanese culture and that samurai mallarkey, that would go down like a dream with Honda's PR men.

I'll leave the forum for today as I'm getting a bit drunk but PLEASE MODS, don't delete the ENTIRE post as I genuinely feel there are some points within it in upon which I'll be able to say "I-told-you-so" about it in a year's time.

IF Mclaren or Alonso can buy out his contract then the deal can happen ..Alonso had a watertight contract with Mclaren and he got Renault to buy him out and every top team in the paddock was queueing up to sign him

CTA.png

So Alonso has told anyone who will listen of his eternal love for Ferrari and his wish to remain at the team for ever and ever.

In the same speach he's also told the world that his problem with McLaren was with one man who's no longer there. While half of the British press wondered if he meant Lewis the other half would have taken great delight in telling him that Big Ron is still there but doesn't show up at races anymore.

Ron Dennis has no involvement with the F1 team and Mclaren is suppose to be about hiring the best - world class drivers

So is Perez a world class driver then?

Mclaren Honda have always had at least one world champion driver due to Marlboro';s insistence but I should think Honda aint any different if they are ambitious

Didn't he said the opposite when he left Mclaren cider_and_toast? That his problem was with Mclaren and not with Hamilton? Or maybe he just meant Ron?
Anyway......one man said the exact same thing, except you gotta change Ferrari with Mclaren.

2013 makes it look like McLaren could well be into a williams decline.

As I understand it Alonso brings an awful lot of sponsorship money from Santander (anyone know how much?) and he is one of the best 3 drivers on the grid, technically as well as on track.

We all know Perez brings a lot of sponsorship money (again, anyone know how much?)

It could work out quite well for McLaren,

-Honda engines
-The combined sponsorship money of Perez and Alonso
-Alonso

And this time give Alonso "unofficial" number 1 status in the team

And Button to Ferrari!

I think Button's contract is closer to being sorted than Perez's but then again Mclaren would only drop Perez if they could convince there is a better replacement to do so
Alonso has said he is staying at Ferrari so lets see if he changes his mind after another few more rounds of Vettel beating

Button had an extra year option inserted when he signed his last contract so likely both parties will take this up. The sticking point is whether they retain Button beyond next year. If McLaren manage to do a deal with Alonso after 2014, then a number of factors will determine whether it is Jens or Perez who makes way.

Last edited:
I think there are some serious 2nd thoughts about Perez' potential - he failed to beat Button again today

I just had a thought Alonso needs to beat Raikkonen to make a statement to both Red Bull and Vettel to prove he is the best driver

Yes Button is non committal about beyond 2014 because there could be a Red Bull drive on offer which is what ALonso and Raikkonen are also thinking if Vettel leaves

Ferrari haven't won a WCC since 2008 or a WDC since 2007, by the end of the year Red-Bull will have won 4 WCC's and 4 WDC's in 4 years.

There is no lure of Ferrari in that situation

And Ricciardo is there to make up the numbers.

Back
Top Bottom