Head To Head Fernando Alonso vs Kimi Räikkönen

Personally I couldn't care less as to whether they get on,and the same goes for any other driver paring on the grid.
Only thing that interests me about drivers is what they do on the track!

cider_and_toast - I've been doing some research:

TBY.png

TBY.png

ROFL

Have a look what you get if you take the O from the word CAZZO, slightly changes the meaning.

Another useful one for Kimi could be:

Alonso è più veloce di te, hai capito?

Bet you can't guess what that means?

I just don't believe that would happen.

I wonder what Ron would think of such a move ??

Mind you, there's been a lot of water under that bridge and lets face it, McLaren are potentially on the cusp of doing a Williams and need a rapid turn around in fortunes if they are to avoid the long slow decline that comes to all teams eventually.

cider_and_toast the rumours are that its Ron whose facilitating this little move for Fernando. He hinted at in his speach at the 50 years thing and its supposedly him delaying on the contracts on Button and Perez so they have 'options'.

Ron is a business man after all.

RasputinLives, well blow me down.

I thought the way things ended between big Ron and Alonso that the divorce would have been final and forever but desperate times need desperate measures.

We could be witnessing Button getting "Watson'd" then. By the time this issue shakes itself out there could be no home for Button to go to? Or could he end up with that last magic move to Ferrari as a way to end his time in the sport. What a way to go out if so? Of course it could always be Perez who gets the chop but I think McLaren see him as A) bringing in some much needed funds and B) one for the future.

I suspect Ron is perhaps only 99.9% in control of the McLaren F1 team as opposed to the 100% when he was officially in charge. The only reason I can see for Whitmarsh still being there is because he's Ron's 'yes' man.

If Alonso does move to McLaren, it really does blow open silly season. There is some logic to the thinking, particularly if the rumours about the performance (or lack of) of Ferrari's 2014 engine are true, everyone has publicised McLaren's lack of championships in recent years, but there's only been one drivers championship since 2004 at Maranello and two constructors championships, one of which was made default due to spygate. It's easy to forget that the closest Alonso has come to a third title was in fact 2007 driving for McLaren (in terms of points after the final race anyway)

Last edited:
Yes but then again, had Alonso bit the bullet, got on with it and stayed after 2007 he and Hamilton would have again taken points off each other and opened the way for Massa to be crowned in 2008?

All if's, but's and maybes! If Alonso was still at McLaren, Piquet wouldn't have crashed to help him at Singapore and therefore Massa wouldn't have had that pit stop mess up, hypotheticals are a brilliant thing

Meanwhile Felipe Massa and Jules Bianchi are willing Alonso to move to Mclaren as they think that leaves a Ferrari number 2 seat for them.

Personally if Alonso does go to Mclaren I'd like to see Button go take on Kimi at Ferrari.

It's all hotting up.... the rumour has even reached the sports pages of my paper, they seem to think it's a done deal. Alonso is on his way to McLaren.
LOL
I just can't see McLaren doing that though. Not after "Spygate"

Titch Whatever the truth behind those rumours (assuming there are any) Spygate would be just about the last thing on anyone's mind come negotiation time in a business as fundamentally pragmatic as F1. Kimi needing no second invitation at a Ferrari offer despite having been cast aside at the team to make way for Alonso 4 years ago is a pretty conclusive proof of that.

Back
Top Bottom