Cycling

Would love to mate, but diary is full with the club this weekend. You're looking good in this one The Pits :
Capture.JPG

Cycling Jen is man (or me) and machine mono a mono with nature. You get to go further than running, and see more of the countryside, all under your own power, and you get to meet such nice people as gethinceri and his fellow UCY club members, life doesnt get much better than that.

It's an addiction for me, one I picked up within about 50 miles of getting my road bike a couple of years back.
I agree with The Pits too, it's a good way to see stuff, it's nice to ride with others and, for me, it's nice to spend time in my own head when I ride on my own. Challenges like sportives are a great target to train for and TTs are just a complete mind**** (one which is strangely compelling).

Not sure about the little section, although as the ride starts at the same point as it finishes, the net climb is zero :)

And I plan to only stop once, at 63 miles, depending on speed and conditions.

It will be a bit tough, as, unlike last week, I will be doing it solo.

It was on the list of things that I wanted to achieve this year, so if I can do it in less than 5hrs 52 minutes, I can tick that one off!

Have fun.
Even if you're alone, most likely you dont have to do it all alone, because they are other people doing the same tour as you, so you will encounter some groups along the way. And with a little bit of luck, some of them wil have about the same speed as you.

Back
Top Bottom