BTCC BTCC 2012 Season

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
Crash! Bang! Wallop!

It's almost time again for the UK's most action-packed tin-top racing series.

The calendar this year is as follows:

1. Brands Hatch 01/Apr/2012
  2. Donington Park 15/Apr/2012
  3. Thruxton 29/Apr/2012
  4. Oulton Park 10/Jun/2012
  5. Croft 24/Jun/2012
  6. Snetterton 12/Aug/2012
  7. Knockhill 26/Aug/2012
  8. Rockingham 23/Sep/2012
  9. Silverstone 07/Oct/2012
  10. Brands Hatch GP 21/Oct/2012
http://www.btcc.net/html/racedates.php

As usual the full Sunday meeting will be broadcast on ITV4 (HD), including the support races.

Each circuit page has a full timetable, but they're not available at the moment.
With a week or so to go, you should be able to click on the PDF icon and download them.

Here's the first race at Brands: http://www.btcc.net/html/circuit_detail.php?id=1

Will Neal (spits) take the title once more?
Or will his arch-Nemesis Plato take it instead?

Or perhaps Gordon Shedden will do the business?

Happily, my favourite driver is now with my favourite team, so I'm all set to get very partisan and take it all far too seriously! LOL

I used to love watching touring car when I lived in England. I hadn't been able to see any more of it until this past autumn when I found it on Speed TV. Last season was a lot of fun to watch.

What Changes have occurred for the new season? Driver changes? Regulation changes?

I'm really looking forward to watching BTCC this year, more than I have for a number of years... Nothing like being able to watch races live on a Sunday. :)

According to Ben Edwards on Twitter, Toby Moody will be doing the BTCC main commentary this year.

It's on in HD on ITV4.
The only downside is that I can't just record parts of the 6 or so hours show.

Thae constant bickering about the turbo really annoyed me last year.

Damn right, almost put me off watching, couldn't understand how you could have a turbo vs a NA car in the same series. Looking forward to this season tho :)

It seems that 2011 was a 'transition' year and hopefully 2012 will come out all-guns blazing.

Back
Top Bottom