Bahrain GP Debate

It was obvious when
"benevolent Uncle Bernie":heart:
gave the Bahrainis their money back that he intended to run the race at some point later on in the year.

He is quoted as saying on the BBC:
"Yes, you never see anything about Bahrain on TV now."

Of course you don't... the media have another country to concentrate on [Libya]. However, Bernie seems to think the world works by editorial decisions! :rolleyes:

The article on the BBC also elaborates on his arse-brained idea to sprinkle a track halfway through a Grand Prix, about which I think I'll write an article...

Aarghh!!!
mad.gif

So much for a decision definitely being made before the start of the season.
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2011/3/11797.html

So now I will more than likely have to update everything mid-season.
Starting to get tired of all this nonsense - maintaining and updating all this data is becoming extremely tedious.

I say they make a decision on December 31. Then it'll all be fine.

As for now, move it to the end of the season as a blank race and delete it if it doesn't materialise.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89944 The already slim chances of the Bahrain Grand Prix returning to the Formula 1 calendar later this season now appear to be all but over after a state of emergency was declared in the Gulf state on Tuesday.
Motor racing's governing body, the FIA, had given Bahrain GP organisers until May 1 to resolve the political troubles that had forced the 2011 season opened to be called off and to request a new date.
However, on the back of fresh protests in Bahrain over the weekend, and troops from Saudi Arabia having been called on to help restore order, the state's King on Tuesday declared a state of emergency for the next three months.

One has to question whether Abu Dhabi will take place given the general instability in the region. Worst case is the whole thing collapses as world oil supplies dry up and we have no F1 at all (a trivial problem given the general geo-political events but none the less I'd miss the racing)

Has anyone seen the BBC Gossip column today? Abu Dhabi are willing to move their race to December to allow Bahrain to have their November slot. This would mean they get the end of season thriller bore-fest instead of Brazil.

Yep, and maybe the CS gas, rubber coated bullets and live rounds flying around will influence their decision. One would hope that some consideration for all the peep's involved in the mayhem out their might get some consideration from FIA, Bernie, et al, over and above any financial, PR and any other corporate concerns.

Tomorrow?? Wasn't meant to be the first of May? Then before that it was at the start of the season? I think Bernie will keep delaying it...until a certain point when he can't do anything.

I wouldn't mind Bahrain being back in the calender, but if it comes back in then we will have the Brazillian GP either the 3rd last race or the 2nd...then we will have Abu Dhabi last...

Bahrain track isn't bad, last year was indeed a borefest, it isn't the greatest either, but I feel people criticise the track too much due to last year.

As for Abu Dhabi that is one hell of a boring track, however....tracks are getting modified to encourage overtaking...and Abu Dhabi is one of them, so it may not be bad this year...

At this rate there wont be a grand prix this year because by the time they come to a decision we will be in Brazil in November

Back
Top Bottom