2024 silly season

I think Danny is a genuinely decent bloke and it's a sad way to end an F1 career but he needs to go. There are many other series out there where he could thrive. With the expansion of entrants thanks to the new regs, Endurance racing will have plenty of spots.
If he loves America as much as he claims to. id be out to get a big seat in a ganassi or penske in indycar. its almost F1s 2nd tier as the best place to be if you cant be in F1 anymore

my worlds collided this morning. & i found it fascinating. Vettel would be great to have him back, but i think with his personal situation its more suited to WEC or FE because you can race but not have to have the time away that F1 requires. & its a risk either way for teams to hire him. as he says it about the whole package

you would assume that would be mean he would need a deal where he doesn't do much sim work or promotional work. or participate in or post season tests. because he retired because doesnt want to be away from kids for as long as you'd need to be. the f1 season is 9 weeks longer than it was when he retired. would a team accept that compromise for a guy of his talent

The year is 3024 and The ChatBot Tuk Tuk Super Mo Mo team announce the re-signing of Fernando Alonso.

"It was a no brainer really" said team owner Bertie McTrillionaire "Given his PR team have bought up every inch of column space we've never heard of any other drivers. On top of which he has signed up all the sponsorship deals so even if we had heard of them they couldn't afford it anyways"

Alonso who has not won a race for 1012 years and a championship for 1018 years is thought widley by the press (after they've been paid) to be the teams best chance of securing a title bringing his now legendary sixth tenths of a second and real sense of team work.

"This is the best news ever" said Ted Kravitz jr jr jr "I spoffed in my pants when I heard. The fans will be delighted"

F1s 3 remaining fans were unavailable for comment.

I find the signing says either

Alonso has no confidence to go up against Verstappen at Red Bull denying himself chances to win races at least

Red Bull have already signed Perez or Sainz

He knows something about the future AM plan apart from Honda coming in

He pretty much ruled out Mercedes after Sundays race

Dont know how much truth there is in the Newey rumour but surely you would not rule yourself out working with him unless he's been told little chance of that happening

I find the signing says either

Alonso has no confidence to go up against Verstappen at Red Bull denying himself chances to win races at least

Red Bull have already signed Perez or Sainz

He knows something about the future AM plan apart from Honda coming in

He pretty much ruled out Mercedes after Sundays race

Dont know how much truth there is in the Newey rumour but surely you would not rule yourself out working with him unless he's been told little chance of that happening

Or that he knows none of these teams want a 42 year old who has not won a race for 12 years that they have to pay an arm and a leg for.

Or that he knows none of these teams want a 42 year old who has not won a race for 12 years that they have to pay an arm and a leg
i wonder if Alonso was prepared to take a pay cut to land the best drive or not? Its not he needs the money

if Mercedes were race winning Alonso would have gone to Brackley who seem set on Antonelli

oh he is looking forward to working with Honda again!

Last edited:
I'm afraid the longevity of the sports 'superstars' is somewhat killing the sport(amongst other things). The opportunity to get into F1 is already considerably reduced by the lack of cars on the grid and the whole 'junior' team thing but now we have drivers having 25 year careers. Its just dull.

Alonso being around until 2026 will mean he has been in the sport 20 years after his last championship. That would be the equivalent of a team in 2004 signing Niki Lauda and expecting him to stick it to Schumacher.

By the way i'm also of the view that I don't want to see Lewis Hamilton in a Ferrari either. I'd much rather he retired as a great and didn't try endlessly to get back to an era he won't be able to get too.

Its a sign to me of the inbreeding in the F1 paddock and press that no one feels like they can actually come out and say this about the Alonso thing and they have to act excited about it.

To quote The Clash "If you've been trying for years we've already heard your song"

adrian newey could happen have a new challenge & theres a difference to the ferrari rumours, with aston martin the only thing is would he 50m? for working 30mins further west. you dont have to move country, move house or learn a language. he its just 20 miles up the road

Last edited:
RasputinLives it is worrying i was looking at the stats of those in the last 60 yrs who have take place with 10+ races he would be the 2nd oldest F1 driver only graham hill being older. he would be the oldest driver in the last 60yrs to score points or take a podium. & worryingly if he did stand on the podium he would be 8 months younger than fangio

but the problem is while he is trouncing stroll, there is no clamour for him to go. kimi only finally went when he struggling with giovinatzzi

Last edited:
I'm afraid the longevity of the sports 'superstars' is somewhat killing the sport(amongst other things). The opportunity to get into F1 is already considerably reduced by the lack of cars on the grid and the whole 'junior' team thing but now we have drivers having 25 year careers. Its just dull.

Alonso being around until 2026 will mean he has been in the sport 20 years after his last championship. That would be the equivalent of a team in 2004 signing Niki Lauda and expecting him to stick it to Schumacher.

By the way i'm also of the view that I don't want to see Lewis Hamilton in a Ferrari either. I'd much rather he retired as a great and didn't try endlessly to get back to an era he won't be able to get too.

Its a sign to me of the inbreeding in the F1 paddock and press that no one feels like they can actually come out and say this about the Alonso thing and they have to act excited about it.

To quote The Clash "If you've been trying for years we've already heard your song"

I really don't see the point of Alonso staying with Aston given he will wait another 2 years and no doubt get only slower. He might get the odd podium but win /championship ambitions seems a long shot now. Now the suggestion he could be a brand ambassador after he finishes driving amuses me.

It does not say much about Aston Martin's thinking if they are trying to rely on the oldest driver to deliver their ambitions.

It also says something about the state of F1 if Sky tried to be excited about Vettel coming back which off course was never the case

adrian newey could happen have a new challenge & theres a difference to the ferrari rumours, with aston martin the only thing is would he 50m? for working 30mins further west. you dont have to move country, move house or learn a language. he its just 20 miles up the road
Yep indeed, seeing it was quite easy for Red Bull to poach the Merc engineers the other side of Aston Martin as well within 50 miles of Silverstone. So Newey moving to Aston is less of a headache for him if that was the case

FB_IMG_1713642430240.jpg

Back
Top Bottom