2024 silly season

i worry about antontelli, because 99% will have never seen him drive, he's quite young he was born on the same day when hamilton did memorable GP2 comeback at Istanbul park & yet ive never seen a driver who will start already with such huge pressure to deliver, i think it surpasses what mick schumacher had because that was on name

but antontelli will been seen as over rated if he doesnt win the opening round
unless the car is amazing I just don;t see him winning round 1

Having said that Mercedes don't usually throw a rookie into the deep end so must have real confidence in him. As much as people want Alonso, I would be thinking what if Russell destroys Alonso and a fall out happens or Alonso outperforms Russell then who is the Merc successor ? Would they go back to Ocon then?

or Newey to Ferrari !

Well it had to happen eventually with Verstappen but I was expecting when someone else was thrashing him and Red Bull to quit but not self implode

The word is could, not will, it's all bluff from Josh Von Strappon, seems he was a bit miffed over some bird Mr Horner was supposedly texting

i thought id put it here as it more than just red bull. as it stands from everything ive read & heard over the last month. this is what i think could happen

marko get investigated & because he's on the austrian side of the "war" he probally goes

Max has contract escape clause effectively if marko goes, i go.

Toto being opportunistic. signs Max & Marko to go to Mercedes

then to fill the 2 seats Alonso & Sainz go to Red bull

If I was Mercedes there is nothing stopping Marko being in their garage but certainly would not want him to undermine Russell or Antonelli or even Verstappen's old sparring partner Ocom

As for Red Bull - it really depends who is the team principal because I can't see them changing both drivers especially for a team that suppose to represent young drivers - two oldies does not fit the image

There's not that many slots in except for in the four top teams, so Aston would need to sack either Lance or Alonso, big question for dad, if I was team principle I wouldn't take either his dad or Marko, I would offer him a fairly low deal and see whether he wants to win at any price like Senna or he's after the cash and pushed by dad.

There's not that many slots in except for in the four top teams, so Aston would need to sack either Lance or Alonso, big question for dad, if I was team principle I wouldn't take either his dad or Marko, I would offer him a fairly low deal and see whether he wants to win at any price like Senna or he's after the cash and pushed by dad.
Aston need at least 1 driver but maybe 2 as Lance was awful

of course you have to take this with a pinch of salt of course but this is still not good because when they rumours start they rarely die off. & this is always horrible because a lovelier man you would be hard pushed to find in sport. but yesterday it took me 44 laps to realise riccardio was racing & when your teammate is finishing 7th, but your 13th which effectively finishing last in the midfield. its a bit of damning statement of a race when all you beat was 2 alpines who have been on the back row of the grid in every race of this season & the 2 saubers that have hour long pitstops

of course you have to take this with a pinch of salt of course but this is still not good because when they rumours start they rarely die off. & this is always horrible because a lovelier man you would be hard pushed to find in sport. but yesterday it took me 44 laps to realise riccardio was racing & when your teammate is finishing 7th, but your 13th which effectively finishing last in the midfield. its a bit of damning statement of a race when all you beat was 2 alpines who have been on the back row of the grid in every race of this season & the 2 saubers that have hour long pitstops

It does not help with Lawson watching in the garage I think Mercedes and Aston could be Danny's last hope. Finishing so far down on Yuki and two Haases is not good

Last edited:
It does not help with Lawson watching in the garage I think Mercedes and Aston could be Danny's last hope. Finishing so far down on Yuki and two Haases is not good
I don’t see Mercedes or Aston taking a driver who is fired by Minardi.

toro rosso was the only seat he would be given, horrible to say but out of sympathy

i would love to know was McLaren a coincidental timing or did something happen. because he was fantastic even at Renault destroying ocon. but since his move to mclaren he's been a shadow of his former self

It was game over for Danny when no one was interested after he lost the McLaren seat after Lando handed him his ass on a plate.

For what ever reason he's not been able to adapt to the cars over the last few years. With Newey's aero it's probably because the way you drive an RBR could be significantly different to other cars and some drivers struggle to adapt.

I think Danny is a genuinely decent bloke and it's a sad way to end an F1 career but he needs to go. There are many other series out there where he could thrive. With the expansion of entrants thanks to the new regs, Endurance racing will have plenty of spots.

Back
Top Bottom