Grand Prix 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Who will be Champion

• Verstappen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hamilton

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure that Lando Norris is going to put up much of a fight.
He said in the post qually interview that he intends to stay well out of the way at the start and watch what happens for a couple of laps. He definitely does not want to be responsible for resolving the title fight.

He did however say, if he saw a clear opportunity he would go for it.

Qualie has set us up an exciting race, assuming the two championship contenders get past the first corner.

I got a great deal on some new bike tyres.

biketyres.jpg

Outrageous that Hamilton hasn't given the place back to Verstappen - and that the stewards haven't investigated. The key difference is that the Red Bull stayed on the track.

All of the previous cases, Verstappen had run off the circuit himself. Here, he kept it on the circuit, and Hamilton ran off - in much the same way as Hamilton has pushed many cars off the track in the past.

It was either an unfair move by Verstappen, and he should get a penalty, or Hamilton cut the corner, and gained a lasting advantage.

Last edited:
What I’m seeing is Max catching up in the braking zone where Lewis has the racing line.

Lewis has nowhere to go other than off the track to avoid, but entered the corner ahead.

Based on allowing drivers to force others to avoid them we’re in the right place. If there is a requirement to avoid contact Max should have a penalty.

Don’t think I’m viewing with the rose tints in as I do support Lewis, and I'm not a fan of this overly aggressive style

I think that Verstappen's only chance now would be if Hamilton's car fails... (It's not completely out of the question, given that the engine has been run harder in Brazil and here than previous engines), but it seems that Hamilton has two hands on the WDC

Back
Top Bottom