Grand Prix 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Who will be Champion

• Verstappen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hamilton

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hearing Toto's communication with Masi, asking for the race result to be counted 1 lap before the chequered flag, it's a good result for Verstappen to win...

Being honest, I cannot stand either Horner or Wolff - and F1 would be a better place without either in the sport.

Congratulations to Max tho, despite what I think of his antics this season. :p

That's sport though isn't it, at some point or another a referee is going to miss a penalty, or award a penalty, and championships can be decided on this singular moment.

The scoreboard stands at 7-1 now bring it on for 2022 :whistle: LOL

Mercedes have taken a bad loser position by protesting the results. In football, results are not changed, even if the rules are inappropriately applied. They need to accept the results now. The last thing anyone wants is for the result to be changed in the courts.

However much I wanted Hamilton to be champion right now, what outcome would people want from the Mercedes’ protests? In any other race I’d be okay with overturning the result. However this is a championship decision and Red Bull have done nothing wrong here.

That said I’ve no doubt in my mind that Masi wouldn’t have done that in any other race.

The only fair thing, if they were determined to finish as a race, would have been red flag and standing restart.

Mercedes have taken a bad loser position by protesting the results. In football, results are not changed, even if the rules are inappropriately applied. They need to accept the results now. The last thing anyone wants is for the result to be changed in the courts.

Can't disagree with this, but rules is rules, unless it's this season, then they're vague.

However much I wanted Hamilton to be champion right now, what outcome would people want from the Mercedes’ protests? In any other race I’d be okay with overturning the result. However this is a championship decision and Red Bull have done nothing wrong here.

That said I’ve no doubt in my mind that Masi wouldn’t have done that in any other race.

The only fair thing, if they were determined to finish as a race, would have been red flag and standing restart.

You can change tyres under a red flag.

Back
Top Bottom