Grand Prix 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Who will be Champion

• Verstappen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hamilton

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The tweet has been deleted now. I think it's a troll account anyway. It's made of up of the usual firebrand retweets some of which are borderline racist.

Got more attention than it deserved when Karun put the poster back in his box.
i would say troll in the normal way because alot of hard verstappen fans are mad

the changes to circuit bode well for the race as we have a fantastic battle at the reprofiled turn 9, as the 2 leaders went side by side through T9 T10 T11 T12 & T13
I'm really confused by this because according to the world's leading expert in track design, Herman Tilke, the sure fire way to get cars to overtake is a succession of long straights followed by tight corners.

I can't imagine for the life of me how allowing cars to flow through corners and making other corners wider would allow cars to run closer together and produce more overtaking opportunities?

You don't think Herman could have been wrong all these years do you?

The next thing we'll know someone may suggest removing that ****ing stupid chicane before the final turn in Barcelona and allow cars to carry more speed onto the main straight and actually overtake each other into turns 1 and 2......

Nah, that's probably a step too far

cider_and_toast Herman Tilke nooo surely not, that would mean Bernie ecclestone would also have to admit that he's wrong & as we know no matter how much bernie tried his best to ruin the sport he spent 30 yrs prior trying to build would be mean he was wrong

& yeah how on earth liberty told catalunya to reprofile the circuit they looked at it & thought that turn 10 was the problem & not turn 14

what a lap that is from verstappen, Mercedes have got to baffled at where that 1/2 second gap as come from. after being faster almost all weekend & it looks for the world the script will be followed with the 2 title rivals together on the front row

Last edited:
Hamilton could be in trouble tomorrow, starting on the mediums. If Norris gets a good getaway, Hamilton could find himself behind both Verstappen and Norris.

Verstappen will also be very difficult to overtake tomorrow, with a very fast Red Bull in a straight line.

Hamilton,

Number of poles - 5
Wins from pole - 3

Verstappen,

Number of poles - 9
Wins from pole - 6

So they're pretty even in that respect as well

if i was Norris i would be giving a wide berth as the last thing you want is to be on the front pages & involved in the conspiracy theories. just ask timo glock
To be honest, I think Norris has a very good chance of winning this race.

Hamilton is going to try to overtake Verstappen at some point, and I can only see that ending one way - at the very least one of them is going to end up with a damaged car.

Problem is Abu Dhabi needs to look like a state of the art circuit that facilitates great racing

Everyone has moaned the circuit has not offered great racing and have been described as turgid or💩

The overtaking places have proven more difficult to pull off given the ridiculous tight chicane. What makes it difficult is the hairpin section leading to the straight is not great because it does not allow the cars to get close enough.

It was put why does Tilke only design two places to overtake? What's wrong having 5 or 6 places to overtake on a circuit

Norris is there to win the race but the first two are so much faster than the rest I don't think he will feature.

I'd rather be in Hamilton's position because Verstappen is a target and its easier to chase and be chased. The soft tyres will give him a small advantage but Hamilton can come back and go longer as well . The straight line speed situation may hurt Red Bull in the long run

Impossible to call, what a set up for the finalé. So many what-ifs and maybes for the first few laps, let alone the rest of the race – if it gets that far. This is as good as it gets, may the best Max win. ;)

Back
Top Bottom