Grand Prix 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

The 2020 double headers continue. At least in Bahrain though they have decided to run the race round a different layout. This will be a line it up and floor it racetrack at its absolute finest.

1606769097445.png

There will be 87 laps of a this 3.5 mile circuit. I suspect it will make Monza of the 60's, or Silverstone of the 80's seem really demanding and a bit "pedestrian". Not sure if Grosjean will be back for this weekend, I suspect not. What money on Nico Hulkenberg turning expecting to have a go in the second Haas? Fingers crossed this will be a little more interesting than last week's effort, although expect a Hamilton pole and win in anyway.

Russell a quarter of tenth off bottas who strength has been qualifying in this year. is very impressive. especially he was losing most of his time in turn 1, as he couldnt get it to turn in & was playing catchup through the lap

The race could be over in less time than a football match given 55 seconds per lap over 87 laps is just under 1 hour 20 minutes and you would think 2 stop strategy would be the norm that adds on another 1minute

I had not noticed because I cant remember seeing the race live. When does it come into consideration that a race distance of 190 miles is no good if cars can finish the race in less than 1 hour?
yes but they think race pace will be a 58sec lap. which works out at 1hr 24min

i keep changing my opinion on albon every race. but has ironically russell performance of being straight on it given red bull something to think about

?????? As in Red Bull might try and sign George Russell? Not likely. They need a Bottas style number 2 (pun intended) to keep Max happy.

I use Murray use to say races were either 200 miles or 2 hours long
Unfortunately that does not fit in with the TV schedules. They fit 10 minutes for the commentators to do the intro, the race followed by the interviews and the prize giving, that just allows the commentators a closing/fill in.

Presumably the commentators will get extra pay today.;)

?????? As in Red Bull might try and sign George Russell? Not likely. They need a Bottas style number 2 (pun intended) to keep Max happy.
Horner was askef about Russell by channel 4 and his response was that he us affiliated with Merc so wont consider it.

no more as in why can russell get straight in a car & be on the pace of the teammate, bottas only redeeming feature this season has been that he's ran Hamilton very close in qualifying (been poor at times in race). like Leclerc as well straight in a big team & challenging his teammate

that why is Albon still "struggling" 18 months in. to get closer to his teammate. he was beaten soundly by perez last weekend. got out of jail with engine going bang. that why can russell & Leclerc do it. but albon cant

Back
Top Bottom