Grand Prix 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

The 2020 double headers continue. At least in Bahrain though they have decided to run the race round a different layout. This will be a line it up and floor it racetrack at its absolute finest.

1606769097445.png

There will be 87 laps of a this 3.5 mile circuit. I suspect it will make Monza of the 60's, or Silverstone of the 80's seem really demanding and a bit "pedestrian". Not sure if Grosjean will be back for this weekend, I suspect not. What money on Nico Hulkenberg turning expecting to have a go in the second Haas? Fingers crossed this will be a little more interesting than last week's effort, although expect a Hamilton pole and win in anyway.

It’s undoing all his good work on a Saturday.
I agree completely, although I’m sure he was well aware he was going to slip backwards, so his good work on Saturday wasn’t representative of that car.

Still not making an excuse for it, he made a mistake and it ruined his and Max’s race.

Last edited:
This was my thought during the race too. A contract is good until it isn’t. How much money are Merc willing to spend to buy him out?
I said before Mercedes could swap him and Russell . Draw up a new contract for Valterri at Williams or put him on the sidelines. Hamilton is gonna have to take a pay cut now

I said before Mercedes could swap him and Russell . Draw up a new contract for Valterri at Williams or put him on the sidelines. Hamilton is gonna have to take a pay cut now
Honestly I think Bottas is kind of irrelevant in this conversation. Hamilton not having a signed contract (that we know of) is the bigger talking point here. As has been mentioned already, you’d have to think his negotiating position has been weakened after this weekend.

There is nothing stopping Mercedes making Bottas redundant right? Just ask Perez
This was my thought during the race too. A contract is good until it isn’t. How much money are Merc willing to spend to buy him out?

i still fully expect bottas there in 2021. but as its festive time of the year. there was no room at the inn at racing point. as Perez said numerous times i have a 3yr contract. but that was broken

Bottas could go back to William's where he came from in another cut price engine deal like last time, unless Williams can get their aero right it really doesn't matter who drives for them, but George Russell deserves a good drive. Should Hamilton not renew with Mercedes and still wants to drive who has the cash to buy him and who will get ditched, would Stroll ditch his son for Lewis?

Bottas could go back to William's where he came from in another cut price engine deal like last time, unless Williams can get their aero right it really doesn't matter who drives for them, but George Russell deserves a good drive. Should Hamilton not renew with Mercedes and still wants to drive who has the cash to buy him and who will get ditched, would Stroll ditch his son for Lewis?
It surely appears to be Mercedes or bust for Lewis. He’s ruled out Ferrari on philosophical differences. Going back to McLaren doesn’t seem possible from either side. I guess I don’t make out Lawrence Stroll to be that ruthless, but he would be the only one I see with the deep pockets willing to do it.

Johnny Carwash that was more from leclerc. but it wouldve been a move out of desperation more than anything because he knew he would going backwards from there. but he shouldve known he can see verstappen backing out so i dont get why he carried on

& on russell. he will learn from this come back a better driver. i always remember button describing 1st win in Hungary. he said that you do panic, tighten up, your hearing noise youve never heard before & convince yourself there's problems with the car

It surely appears to be Mercedes or bust for Lewis. He’s ruled out Ferrari on philosophical differences. Going back to McLaren doesn’t seem possible from either side. I guess I don’t make out Lawrence Stroll to be that ruthless, but he would be the only one I see with the deep pockets willing to do it.

It will only be Mercedes for Lewis Hamilton, as it will be the best chance for him to win.

Johnny Carwash that was more from leclerc. but it wouldve been a move out of desperation more than anything because he knew he would going backwards from there. but he shouldve known he can see verstappen backing out so i dont get why he carried on

& on russell. he will learn from this come back a better driver. i always remember button describing 1st win in Hungary. he said that you do panic, tighten up, your hearing noise youve never heard before & convince yourself there's problems with the car
If any driver sees Verstappen backing out of a move they would be wise to follow suit!

With a good chassis and the Merc engine the McLaren in Lewis's hands could be a championship winner and where Lewis is concerned money can be found, look how idiots paid silly money for Alonso and that was on his marketing not his ability.

That is my thinking because Bottas would rather be in F1 than out of F1 so if he was told Williams or out I d yhink he would choose the former over the latter.

Stroll Snr will not drop his son he wants to see him win races...he is not going to do a Lex Luthor on his son

It should be a very good race for Russell today. He showed that he can race in the lead and then he also is very good at what Botas is not very good at. That final section he did as well as you would expect Hamilton do.

And all whilst driving in uncomfortable seat.

i still fully expect bottas there in 2021. but as its festive time of the year. there was no room at the inn at racing point. as Perez said numerous times i have a 3yr contract. but that was broken
Well that depends what happens in the next 7 days. Does Hamilton come back? Will Russell get another go? What if Bottas does not finish 2nd in the championship? Everyone can see Russell is that good surely he cant stay at Williams beyond 2021?

Another factor to consider their other driver Ocon got a podium today and he too is looking at the Merc seat

Perez claims he won on merit :rolleyes:

Racing Point have leapfrogged McLaren and are now 3rd in the Constructors.

Ferrari are 6th :snigger:
Who will they fire at Ferrari then? Wait they already have Vettel who actually might be smiling knowing the team he joins can win

Back
Top Bottom