Grand Prix 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

The 2020 double headers continue. At least in Bahrain though they have decided to run the race round a different layout. This will be a line it up and floor it racetrack at its absolute finest.

1606769097445.png

There will be 87 laps of a this 3.5 mile circuit. I suspect it will make Monza of the 60's, or Silverstone of the 80's seem really demanding and a bit "pedestrian". Not sure if Grosjean will be back for this weekend, I suspect not. What money on Nico Hulkenberg turning expecting to have a go in the second Haas? Fingers crossed this will be a little more interesting than last week's effort, although expect a Hamilton pole and win in anyway.

Fastest in FP1 was all about making the least mistakes and Goerge just made the least mistakes, it's over to olegg from his analysis of the dream lap from his data. I suspect George could be 3rd fastest that's not knocking him, just taking off the rose tinted sunglasses :snigger:

ive felt for most of this season that russell will be the next british challenger, after hamilton because he has been doing a wonder job many every weekend. some of the qualifying laps were outstanding getting into Q2 for 2/3rds of the season

Still only the end of the first day of the weekend but that's a very impressive start from George,

So the most obvious thing this says is that Bottas is simply not good enough though arguably he's fine as a number 2.

Here's an interesting further question. If Russell shows a similar level of performance against Bottas as Hamilton has, what does it say about Russell in comparison to Hamilton?

Still only the end of the first day of the weekend but that's a very impressive start from George,

So the most obvious thing this says is that Bottas is simply not good enough though arguably he's fine as a number 2.

Here's an interesting further question. If Russell shows a similar level of performance against Bottas as Hamilton has, what does it say about Russell in comparison to Hamilton?
Russell is going to be a lot cheaper to pay than Hamilton for a start and if I was Williams Id go over his contract and double check the release clause because he could be in demand again

Bottas is under big pressure now.
But Russell in his first Mercedes weekend has a very mental advantage over Bottas.
Bottas damaged the car on Fp1 and in FP2 was faster but time was disallowed for exceeding track limits. Now what does that tell you what Bottas is feeling?

If Russell shows a similar level of performance against Bottas as Hamilton has, what does it say about Russell in comparison to Hamilton?

It’s a bit premature to to dismiss Lewis Hamilton’s career with Bottas after one race weekend. But it does through up a situation we’re George Russell can prevent Max Verstappen getting a drive at Mercedes if he keeps performing well at Williams and he replaces Bottas at the end of next season.

it would be so 2020 that it was Coronavirus that finally lost bottas his job. but we've known for a while he been underperforming. if it was me i wouldve got rid in 2019. 5th & no wins when your teammate wins at a canter (some thanks to Ferrari mistakes) with 11 wins

Back
Top Bottom