Grand Prix 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

The 2020 double headers continue. At least in Bahrain though they have decided to run the race round a different layout. This will be a line it up and floor it racetrack at its absolute finest.

1606769097445.png

There will be 87 laps of a this 3.5 mile circuit. I suspect it will make Monza of the 60's, or Silverstone of the 80's seem really demanding and a bit "pedestrian". Not sure if Grosjean will be back for this weekend, I suspect not. What money on Nico Hulkenberg turning expecting to have a go in the second Haas? Fingers crossed this will be a little more interesting than last week's effort, although expect a Hamilton pole and win in anyway.

get in there George 👍👍👍. about time. something went well today

for all the praise given to leclerc. that would rookie error. why was barreling thru. it was 3 wide. max had already backed out to avoid a crash

if the heartbreaking last min defeat in the football wasnt bad enough. this afternoon. Mercedes have gone & put the wrong tyres on Russell. i cant catch a break :disappointed:

i am delighted for Perez as he deserves that for all the brilliant drives down the years. because i think ive said before in Malaysia & Monza 2012. you could call it luck, when in majority of hectic races over the last 8 years. who is on the podium usually Perez. but for engine failure that would be 3 consecutive podiums. i think he has comfortably developed into that 2nd tier of driver. another great drive that twice now he gone from incident on the 1st lap to going through the field he did it in portimao

thats the highs & lows of sport right there. although sport can :censored: off today after the football LOL. i havent been so emotionally invested in a race like that in years maybe since kimi in austin 2018. but sport can be so cruel at times. but feel for Russell he drove brilliantly all weekend. he deserved so much, on such short notice to do that. what an overtake around the outside of turn 7 on bottas. he has shown that he is the star of the future we all thought he could be

Even though he drove a mature race today, you get the feeling that when the safety car came out Lewis Hamilton would have probably overruled the team on changing tyres, much like at the end of the race in Turkey.
but there are times when pitting works & doesn't work. he stayed out at Silverstone got lucky with the puncture but then monaco 2016 & turkey 2020 best to stay out

i think from how bottas struggled on tyre. it was correct decision

Even though he drove a mature race today, you get the feeling that when the safety car came out Lewis Hamilton would have probably overruled the team on changing tyres, much like at the end of the race in Turkey.
Monaco 2015 comes to.my mind when Mercedes threw away a win for him

Back
Top Bottom