Grand Prix 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

The 2020 double headers continue. At least in Bahrain though they have decided to run the race round a different layout. This will be a line it up and floor it racetrack at its absolute finest.

1606769097445.png

There will be 87 laps of a this 3.5 mile circuit. I suspect it will make Monza of the 60's, or Silverstone of the 80's seem really demanding and a bit "pedestrian". Not sure if Grosjean will be back for this weekend, I suspect not. What money on Nico Hulkenberg turning expecting to have a go in the second Haas? Fingers crossed this will be a little more interesting than last week's effort, although expect a Hamilton pole and win in anyway.

Yes but the big companies can sight they need to save costs now so offerhim a pay cut. I am not sure if its Mercedes way of doing things but could not they swap Bottas and Russell with some compensation to Williams to do it
There is a salary cap coming soon anyway. I think having him at Mercedes is a huge draw for sponsors, and will be until he retires. The team attracted Ineos as a sponsor this year, and the results keep coming. I think like for like, he is still good value compared to any other driver on the grid

While all these seat changes are very exciting for this one race, what would have been even more amazing would have been to see Jamie Chadwick in the Williams this weekend.

There is a salary cap coming soon anyway. I think having him at Mercedes is a huge draw for sponsors, and will be until he retires. The team attracted Ineos as a sponsor this year, and the results keep coming. I think like for like, he is still good value compared to any other driver on the grid
Yes indeed but you just never know if Russell wins the race then that could change the boards thinking.

If Mercedes want to keep Hamilton then the next contract will be a big one

While all these seat changes are very exciting for this one race, what would have been even more amazing would have been to see Jamie Chadwick in the Williams this weekend.
Don't think she has enough superlicence points to race

Aitken getting a point and Russell not would be a turn up!
yes it almost win win for russell & terrible for the 2 teammates, bottas well discussed but latifi. if Aitken makes it in to Q2 or outqualifies him its Latifi that has been underperforming might be gone. if aitken is closer to latifi pace, then russell stock rises even further

also anyone know why the session are 3 hours later than last week. because the race was supposed to start at 2.05pm but this sunday its 5.05pm. not that im complaining it will be the 1st GP i can watch live this season

yes it almost win win for russell & terrible for the 2 teammates, bottas well discussed but latifi. if Aitken makes it in to Q2 or outqualifies him its Latifi that has been underperforming might be gone. if aitken is closer to latifi pace, then russell stock rises even further

also anyone know why the session are 3 hours later than last week. because the race was supposed to start at 2.05pm but this sunday its 5.05pm. not that im complaining it will be the 1st GP i can watch live this season

Although we should manage expectations. Russell for instance has never driven a car with DAS. The notion he will get the best out of the car is a stretch.

F2 cars lapping around 1 min 3 sec. How far under 60 seconds will the F1 cars go? Apart from Red Bull and Osella, Fondmetal,Minardi, Toro Rosso , what ever the bloody hell the other Italian team are this year, with their GP2 engine

Back
Top Bottom