Grand Prix 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

The 2020 double headers continue. At least in Bahrain though they have decided to run the race round a different layout. This will be a line it up and floor it racetrack at its absolute finest.

1606769097445.png

There will be 87 laps of a this 3.5 mile circuit. I suspect it will make Monza of the 60's, or Silverstone of the 80's seem really demanding and a bit "pedestrian". Not sure if Grosjean will be back for this weekend, I suspect not. What money on Nico Hulkenberg turning expecting to have a go in the second Haas? Fingers crossed this will be a little more interesting than last week's effort, although expect a Hamilton pole and win in anyway.

I'm sure he will do well but remember the Merc is 2 secs faster on average and that is a lot to get used to and make up, later braking, higher cornering speed, his one great advantage over the other options is he is used to driving in this years F1 car in a race environment, he may not be used to having non or very few infront of him at the start

Last edited:
How exciting. Russell in a Mercedes, Fittipaldi and Aitken making their race debuts, and Schumacher now confirmed to Haas. What a week this is turning out to be.

Given that Merc allegedly wanted to replace Bottas with him for next season before Williams noped it, it'll be interesting to see anyways.

Bottas needs to be significantly quicker than Russell, anything else won't be good enough.

Given that Merc allegedly wanted to replace Bottas with him for next season before Williams noped it, it'll be interesting to see anyways.

Bottas needs to be significantly quicker than Russell, anything else won't be good enough.
The only acceptable result for Bottas is a win anything else bar mechanical is considered failure

Correct because he needs 2nd place in the championship

A twist to this if Russell wins then Mercedes might rethink about Hamilton's contract demands or swap Bottas with Russell

I think that Lewis has both commercial and sporting appeal far wider than either Bottas or Russell, stemming from the fact that he is 7 time WDC. The only way I can see them replacing Lewis is if Lewis decides to leave, and create a currency for dogs.

I think that Lewis has both commercial and sporting appeal far wider than either Bottas or Russell, stemming from the fact that he is 7 time WDC. The only way I can see them replacing Lewis is if Lewis decides to leave, and create a currency for dogs.
Yes but the big companies can sight they need to save costs now so offerhim a pay cut. I am not sure if its Mercedes way of doing things but could not they swap Bottas and Russell with some compensation to Williams to do it

Will they have to chop George Russell's feet off to get him in Lewis' car? He's 11cm taller than Hammy. And, pointless fact for the day, Alex Albon is the tallest driver on the grid at 6ft 1 and a bit or 186cm. George Russell is 6ft and 1/2" or 184cm in the metric system

this is terrible news for bottas because cant remember if ive said this before. but besides the points that have been made. the excuses have always been with bottas. is he looks bad because Lewis Hamilton is his teammate & if he hadnt be there bottas wouldve won. well we are going to see now

but as i say my money is still on verstappen

Will they have to chop George Russell's feet off to get him in Lewis' car? He's 11cm taller than Hammy. And, pointless fact for the day, Alex Albon is the tallest driver on the grid at 6ft 1 and a bit or 186cm. George Russell is 6ft and 1/2" or 184cm in the metric system
It will be like the 80’s when the drivers feet’s were the crumple zone.

Back
Top Bottom