Grand Prix 2019 Spanish Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Jimbob

Learner
If Mercedes continue their 1-2 here, I think that's an indication of how the rest of the season will go. I guess the chances of a Hamilton/Rosberg type incident are slim as Hamilton seems more mature (or less hot headed) and Bottas always seems pretty calm.

olegg

Race Winner
Many updates are expected in Spain.
It will be interesting to arrangements in the championship

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
Mercedes reveals the new upgrades for their cars in Barcelona.
Actually, I don't think Mercedes have been sandbagging. I think that Ferrari has been unable to get the tires working in anything other than the optimal temperature, and they have yet to get them to the optimal temperature since testing. The problem is that the tire walls are now thinner, so they don't hold their heat as well. For some reason, this is appears to be causing fits for Ferrari (but not Mercedes?).

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
i dont like how this is going competitively i think this is going to be more Australia than Bahrain. but fair play to bottas because he has come to fight & he is looking capable of producing a big upset defeating lewis that no one saw coming.

it according to sky f1 wasnt sandbagging, they were running in wrong set up window for 7 of the 8 testing days

Angel

Pole Sitter
Contributor
i dont like how this is going competitively i think this is going to be more Australia than Bahrain. but fair play to bottas because he has come to fight & he is looking capable of producing a big upset defeating lewis that no one saw coming.

it according to sky f1 wasnt sandbagging, they were running in wrong set up window for 7 of the 8 testing days
I am pleased that at least Bottas is making a fight of it, but I don't believe the wrong set up thing, not at all. They wanted Ferrari to believe they had a big advantage so they'd stop developing the car quite so much, why change it when you (think you) have the best car?

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
hamilton half a second quicker on qualifying simulations than both Ferraris, so..... that Spain over monaco will be fun i hope

Bill Boddy

Professional layabout
Contributor
Have Mercedes and Haas made leaps forward or have Ferrari once again made improvements that have slowed the car down?

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
i gave him alot of stick but what a lap from bottas. dont what he did over the winter but its working, i knew it was pole as soon as 1:15.4 hit. as you just get that wow feeling. also condolences to ocon at this difficult time. i think its mercedes that have progressed further. but ferrari have gone backwards & are nowhere in championship fight. looks like competitively thats the spanish gp & constructors championship over with another merc 1-2

but where did renault find that time between Q1 & Q2. 1:18.4 > 1:17.2 most would be delighted finding 1.2 secs over a season nevermind 15mins. but terrible for Williams a decade of technological progress DRS & all the energy recovery. kubica could only be quarter of a second ahead of button pole lap in his 2009 brawn

Last edited:

Angel

Pole Sitter
Contributor
looks like competitively thats the spanish gp & constructors championship over with another merc 1-2
Sadly you're probably right, and we're more than likely to have another year of this before maybe, but only maybe, we might get something different in 2021.

Izumi

Banned
Leclerc is treated really with gloves by media, mistakes or not. It's a love fest. I am not sure how long it will last, but for now its a beautiful dance. Sebastian must be envious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom