2014 driver line up market

Rumour has it Mclaren are holding out with those options to see if they can tempt Alonso. I know it sounds crazy but I still think its a possibility.

I always thought Alonso dethroned Schumacher and Kimi should have dethroned him but his cars kept breaking.

Kimi will push him I think but I reckon Alonso will come out on top in the end. I just think he has a little bit more drive....of course the argument will be if he does win that its only because the Ferrari team is built round him so he really can't win on this which is probably why he was so grumpy on Sunday.

I don't get it. Ferrari's problem is not that they don't have a top driver who is able to deliver championships. Its that they don't have the car for him to be able to do it. Now they've signed Kimi they have two drivers who can deliver championships......still don't see how that helps the car problem.

Pic at Williams?
Well spotted. That should be Caterham, which nobody noticed was missing from the list. :whistle:

Redbull - Vettel & Ricciardo
Ferrari - Alonso & Kimi
Mercedes - Hamilton & Rosberg
McLaren - TBC & Perez
Lotus - TBC & TBC
TorroRosso - TBC & TBC
Williams - TBC & TBC
Caterham - TBC & Pic
Force India - TBC & DiResta
Sauber - TBC & Sirotkin
Marrusia - TBC & TBC

Greenlantern101 I can't find nothing on the net anywhere that says Perez is confirmed at McLaren for 2014, do you have a source.?

The only thing I can find is that McLaren have an option on him just like they do Button but nothing saying it has been taken up...

Last edited:
Mclaren have not renewed the option on both Button or Perez.

Which is why people are saying they were just keeping their options open to see the result of recent shuffles.

We good now?

Redbull - Vettel & Ricciardo
Ferrari - Alonso & Kimi
Mercedes - Hamilton & Rosberg
McLaren - TBC & TBC
Lotus - TBC & TBC
TorroRosso - TBC & TBC
Williams - TBC & TBC
Caterham - TBC & Pic
Force India - TBC & DiResta
Sauber - TBC & Sirotkin
Marrusia - TBC & TBC

That TBC bloke is going to be busy

Last edited:
RasputinLives

I thought Mclaren normally do 3 year contract with basis of 2 years and 3rd year option

Now speaking about Perez - do MClaren risk losing sponsorship then for Alonso?

Certainly Mclaren cannot afford to pay Alonso's wages unless off course Santander decide to cut their Ferrari sponsorship and move back to Mclaren which would add serious weight to do it

Seeing where Mclaren 's competitiveness is I think Alonso is taking a big risk and the only thing I see him do at Mclaren is demand he is No 1 for that move to come off

Button would be forced out I would feel given his age but he may yet well find a drive at Ferrari or Lotus being world champion unless if its true Ross BRawn is seriously investing in Williams go there as his last hurrah

I think Nando would wait for 2015 and see if MClaren Honda would come off which EJ is predicting already

Back
Top Bottom