2014 driver line up market

Given the manner of Kimi's departure from Ferrari, I really can't see him returning, especially as they are not exactly showing a huge improvement in performance over the Lotus. Psychologically, I think Kimi is a good fit where he is and any return to Ferrari would start with a great deal of mistrust on his part.

I don't agree that Alonso would be likely to beat him. All Kimi would have to do to play a winning mind game with FA is to be quicker in qualy in the first race or two. FA's history would seem to indicate that he would come unhinged at that point and all absolute hell would break out in the team.

Kimi got beat in quali all the time by Grosjean and Massa and his one weak spot since his return is that he's often to far down the grid on race day to be able to get into the race even though he has a quick car. So easier said than done.

The rumours are getting crazier. Suggestions that the options on both Button and Perez contracts have not been taking yet as McLaren are courting an Alonso return. Apparently it was hinted at by Ron Dennis in a speech at some McLaren doo (although the article doesn't provide the quote).

People in F1 obviously don't hold grudges if their losing eh?

cider_and_toast

It's not quite that unlikely

CTA.png

Doesn't the Pope own 51% of General Motors? (That's what George Harrison said)

teabagyokel if we are looking at a grid next year with Kimi at Ferrari and Fernando at McLaren the pope turning up in a Williams would not shock me at all. Whats next? Piquet Jr and Flav come back to Enstone?

Kimi got beat in quali all the time by Grosjean and Massa and his one weak spot since his return is that he's often to far down the grid on race day to be able to get into the race even though he has a quick car. So easier said than done.

Grosjean's only out-qualified him once this year.

Back in the refuelling days with Massa, he tended to have more fuel onboard than Massa, however I do agree that it's one of his weak points.

Then again it could be the Lotus car as Grosjean isn't exactly putting the car higher up either.

Raikkonen has 20 wins and 16 poles.

Alonso is 32-22.
Button is 15-8.

They're in contrast to Vettel (32-40) and Hamilton (22-31).

Of the 5 current champions, Raikkonen has the closest to an equilibrium between qualifying and the race.

Are you sure of that Grosjean stat Sly? not checked but I'm sure RoGro was ahead in quali at least at Spa and Hungary. Anything further back I'd have to check. Point taken though. RoGro did beat him 10-9 last year.

Shows how RoGro has slipped.

Wasn't Raikkonen problem that he couldn't get the tyres up to temperature during quali when he was with Ferrari?
Think he did quite well when he was with Mclaren.

How much influence does Marlboro have at Ferrari against Santander these days

Santander is obviously backing Alonso because its Spanish

Marlboro on the other hand have usually demanded a world champion driver for their investment in the past in big teams
- this was not the case of 1994, 1996 and 2007 since 1981

No one has mentioned Ross BRawn apparently investing in Williams allegedly... I see them becoming the Mercedes junior team or secondary team so expect some try out drivers at Williams by Toto and Ross to see if they can move into the factory team

Back
Top Bottom