Grand Prix 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Bahrain is a track itself gets a lot of criticism in my opinion due to that one race in 2010 where all the teams were super conservative and the extra slow section got added in which didn't bring anything to the race.

Other than that, the races there haven't been too bad, better than Monaco, Singapore, Spain and a few others in my opinion. The past two races here have been quite good compared to the rest of the races of those seasons.

Add to that, just watched the German GP on sky classic, what a race, nice cars, v10s, points down to 6th place several underdogs, and a brilliant race throughout! :)

Hamberg - The first season you watched was 92!?! Blimey. Surprised you didn't give up there and then.

Worst. Season. Ever.

I started my f1 obsession in the same year. Far from the worst season. Yes it was decided after about 3 races but Mansell v Senna at Monaco is a race I'll never forget.

I'm younger than the pair of you old fogies then by a clear 2 years!

As for 92. Monaco was exciting yes but about the only excitment we got in a season where Mansell was about 2 seconds a lap quicker than everyone else and had won the championship by round 10.

My first season was 1990. Although I have caught up in retrospect on the 80's.

Last edited:
I can't remember the precise year I first got hooked. I do remember though that there were no team uniforms, no helmets or Nomex suits worn by the pit crews, few or no Armco barriers, just straw bales, and England had only recently won the World Soccerball Cup.

Just realise the grand national is on at the same time as the qually. Flipping flip.

Looks like I will be multi tasking more than usual.

I was wearing nappies in 92, when I started watching at a very young age I just caught the tail end of McLaren success before the Ferrari steamroller began. My favourite seasons have been without a doubt 2007 and 2008. And the worst have been 2011 and 2013.

Too early to say where this year is headed as I expect Red-Bull to overtake Mercedes with plenty of time to overhaul them in the standings

Back
Top Bottom