2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

Maybe Vergne simply got in the Red Bulls' way once too often... remember that (very public) exchange between Matschitz and Alguersuari in the pits a few years ago, because Jaime had committed the heinous crime of sticking to the racing line when Vettel was coming up behind him in a practic session?...

Vergne does have a tendency to fight Red Bulls on the track - rather than just jump out of their way.

Incubus What is JEV suppose to do when he is fighting for his future and supposedly showing that he just as good as Ricciardo

It seems like his achilles heel is not being fast enough over 1 lap because that is what Ricciardo and Kyvat have over him

And, as Daniel has shown (and Vettel before that), whatever the rationale behind the decisions Red Bull make on their junior drivers they get things right. Vergne has had his chance, probably a greater chance than any of the other Red Bull junior drivers, and hasn't done enough to impress. Ta ta.

in retrospect yes when the carrot was dangled out to him last year and Ricciardo.. he did not impress and the luck was against him with a tyre blow out at Silverstone when he was racing amongst the points

It was thought that he was the fastest amongst the Red Bull junior drivers but he just did not deliver when it mattered most.. the Red Bull junior driver policy can be either very rewarding or very brutal for a young driver's career just ask Algarsuari and Da Costa

why don't Mclaren just tell Button he is not wanted for next season because now they've come out and said outperforming Magnussen is not the only factor in their consideration

They ran an interview with Lewis Hamilton's driving instructor on Sky Sports News last week. Looked like the only challenge he had was convincing him not to scare the shit out of the examiner.

I'll point out that the instructor made clear that Hamilton was clearly in control of the car, within speed limits and driving safely. His comment was that Hamilton's driving was so advanced when he did his six lessons that he could be adjudged to be driving rather more quickly than an examiner was used to, leaving him vulnerable to a fail.

Which did not happen.

I assume this story holds true for all the megastar karters that have made it into motorsport. Max Verstappen, of course, will be an F1 driver when sitting his test.

I past my test first time out after only one lesson and the instructor said I didn't really need that,, GO ME!!! I'm better than Lewis...:)

That's true by the way, not the better than Lewis part obviously....

I heard that Nico was better at 3 point turns but when it came to the test he always did it in four. Also, the examiner said that Alonso was the best car controller he'd ever seen, even better than Hamilton but we'll never know for sure because he only stayed with his company for a few lessons before getting the hump and moving to the AA school of motoring.

Any way. With the latest two seats tied up at Toro Rosso, isn't it McLaren now left as the only team to confrim their driver line up for next year ?? Hence even if the unfortunate driver to get the boot wants to stay in F1, in the words of Richard Gere in "An officer and a Gentlement" "I ain't go no where else to go..."

I past my test first time out after only one lesson and the instructor said I didn't really need that,, GO ME!!! I'm better than Lewis...:)

That's true by the way, not the better than Lewis part obviously....

Yeah but back in the 1900's when you sat your test all you had to do was show them you knew how to start the car with that windy up handle thing at the front.

Back
Top Bottom