2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

You're expecting a 29 point swing to Perez in the next 3 races?

He's only scored 27 points in the last 11 races

(Hulk scored 39 in those 11 by the way).

Last edited:
True RasputinLives but I'm sure you'll be aware that reputations especially in the eyes of team principals have a tendency to be more dependent on qualifying pace than point standings... People tend to think more in terms of potential than what has actually been achieved when it comes to drivers who haven't won races.

Have to admit I haven't looked up the statistics beteewn Nico and Checco, just saying that historically eye-catching pace has raised drivers' profiles more than points on the table.

Just ask Vergne about it...

Last edited:
Well after checking Hulk is in front of Perez in quali stats too.

Also Perez got half the points of Button last year at Mclaren so I think that might damage his viewed 'potential'.

I tell you what, if I was a team principal, I'd be checking all the facts. I'd be looking at races too, because I don't care if my car loses from pole.

I don't know if it is a hangover from the beatification of Senna, but it doesn't matter where you qualify.

I doubt I would turn my nose up at Button, I'd consider Hulk and chase Alonso. Screw qualifying.

but I'm sure you'll be aware that reputations especially in the eyes of team principals have a tendency to be more dependent on qualifying pace than point standings.
I am going to have to say that, that is probably total nonsense, do you not remember Jarno Trulli? What is the point of being great in qualifying if you are crap over an entire race TP's want points in the WCC not a quick boy on Saturday, obviously both would be better but if a TP had to chose then he would chose the points every time as has been proven by Force India retaining The Hulk...

Last edited:
siffert_fan Seeing how he did not the heavy load of sponsorship duties and he could not keep the winners trophies and he has to be a corporate citizen under Ron

that is plenty of reasons not to go back

his relationship with Ron Dennis broke down by 2012 so he too has burned bridges to heal

It seems odd that Force India has only announced Hulkenberg and not yet Perez who they have been praising this season
You would have thought with the Mexican GP that sponsors would be attracted to Force India if he stays

Hulkenberg has no other option - his contract clause apparently allows him to go if one of the top 2 teams comes in for him which does not appear to materialise

Don't think Ferrari want two German drivers in their team next season either and does not appear high on Mclaren's list

Next season he has to somehow challenge for podiums in the car he's got because it is getting to the point where he has missed the boat for a big team

I guess part of the reason in naming him is to keep Mercedes happy with a German driver but traditionally Force India tends to give their reserve driver a go who usually has an association with Mercedes

well Total aint backing the team as fuel supplier and because they are using Mercs they have to use Petronas

so apparently Grosjean's position is weakened in that sense but its not like Lotus will suddenly sign Jenson Button and hope his credentials as world champion can attract more sponsors

What do you guys think is the likelihood of Alonso signing a 1 year deal with a team like Lotus to keep options open for Mercedes or McLaren or Ferrari the year after?

Back
Top Bottom