2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

Alonso has denied these rumors. Which probably means; "it will happen"

(below a Google translation of an interview with the Italian press)

"It 'sad when these entries are generated in Italy. It' a shame, because it does not help the Ferrari, which is instead the reason why we are all here,"

"That Ferrari is a brand much bigger than any individual or the Formula 1 in general. I have a huge respect for this team and I try to maintain a good atmosphere between the guys on the team, in order to have a united team. I do not understand what is the meaning of these rumors coming from Italy, "

So no direct denial then but just a statement that these rumors are affecting the atmosphere in the team.

Sounds like a non-denial denial to me. :D

Having said that, I just can't see it happening. It's based on the fact that two very fast and intelligent drivers believe that the other team will produce a car that next season, will beat the other car. You could understand one moving to the other but both swapping would be unusual.

Olivier, I've read much the same from Vettel (I can't find the quote now :( ) where he says the usual "I'm happy here", "I have a contract" and "concentrating on sorting out the car at the moment" but there was absolutely now "It's a load of rubbish, I've not signed any deals to join Ferrari" or words to that effect.

I wonder if it is true then?

Completely off topic but I used to work for a company who made a pump called Euromist in the US but had to call it PZ in Europe as Mist translates as crap or shit in Germany.

If they are swapping I would say Alonso has the better deal because he won't have to deal with the internal politics and bloodshed that is going through Ferrari... I would say Ferrari are stupid to let him go because he is the only reason they look competitive and really I dont see Raikkonen as a great team leader in these situations

Vettel would have jumped from a frying pan into the fire ... I feel Renault who are notorious slow to exploit regulations will get it right eventually for the turbos

FB on the same theme as your off topic, Toyota had issues in France with their MR2.

The direct French prononciation of MR2 is em-air-duh which is exactly the same prononciation as the word Merde which of course means shit.

So I wonder how many Frenchman were tempted to buy the Toyota Shit?

Mazda Laputa, "la puta" in Spanish means "the whore".

Nissan Moco, "moco" in Spanish means "snot"

That's the last time I'm ordering a Mochachino in Spain in case I get the pronunciation wrong.

Last edited:
Unless Eddie Jordan tells us he has the Vettel /Alonso swap on good authority it ain't happening.

And as I won't listen to him it can't happen.

Of course I can't see it not happening!

well interestingly the Ferrari team principal Mattiacci says Alonso will be driving for Ferrari 2015 for the moment ! when asked about if Alonso was going to Red Bull with Vettel the other way

Raikkonen improved last week to Alonso's pace but seriously he must go and they must consider if Bianchi or even Vergne after his showing

I can see the logic in going for Ricciardo given he has Italian roots but I think Red Bull have got him a long term contract you'd think

Vergne made a good case to be in F1 with his late charge which was impressive

Button drove a strong race and could have had 6th if the electrics had not failed in his car...I hope people stop criticising his inability to get into Q3 qualifying as the sole basis to merit his place in the team

I#d be interesting to see if 3rd cars would be allowed as Bernie pledges if Sauber, Caterham and Marussia go to the wall and one would presume the top 4 teams plus Mclaren would enter 3rd cars and who they would field then in that case

Marussia are the least likely of those three to go to the wall given that they are going to get a serious spike in cash thanks to their two points from Monaco and finishing 10th or better in the last 2 years.

It may be a case of too little too late for JEV. As the saying goes, one swallow does not make a summer.

I think JEV has been on top form all season but its not shown up due to an impressive rookie team mate and a car that keeps breaking down on him. The result in Singapore was just him finally catching a break for once.

Grosjean seems increasingly unhappy at Enstone and the team did consider JEV last year so maybe if Grosjean jumps ship he'll find a seat there?

Vergne will find a good career in sports cars or DTM. I think he's good enough for a place at somewhere like FI but not at a really top team - Ivan Capelli anyone?

Back
Top Bottom