2014 / 2015 Silly Season. Drivers Market.

I can't help but think Massa was hoping his comments about Bottas would help get him snapped up and out of the team so Massa could beat his next team mate.

This of course isn't good news for JB as I think he hoped Williams might be an option.

Eddie Jordan said on the BBC forum that Alonso is a Ferrari "prisoner" whilst he has undisputed No 1 status and is the only good thing going for Ferrari his options elsewhere are being cut off by drivers on contracts and the only one Mclaren is at the moment not a better option than Ferrari given no one knows how Honda will be on return

I am slightly disappointed that Williams announced Bottas and Massa as I would want Button to finish his career at Williams or at least give Hulkenberg or Grosjean the other car but Massa being under contract and with Brazilian sponsors in the team would help his corner.

Certainly the rumours that Felipe Nasir was in line seems to be a bit of PR spin

-----------------------------------------------------------

Despite what is happening at Mercedes it would have to take a Mansell/ Piquet squabble with the current drivers to allow Ricciardo to steal the title and therefore may make the management reconsider the drivers in the team

The conspiracy theorists suggests the board want a German driver to be world champion so Vettel would be considered but then Toto can still flex his muscle and simply swap Bottas with one of the two drivers

The stories that Mclaren want Hamilton back won't happen because Lewis does not want to leave a team with the most competitive car and is clearly got the backing of Lauda and Toto at the moment in his corner

------------------------------

Mclaren - I think Magnussen has shown the speed not the race craft but does deserve another season at Mclaren. Button - I think will stay because he has shown he can bring the car home solidly without mistakes and as a world champion it may help

Don't think Vandoorn, Grosjean or Hulkenberg will get a look in to be fair

Lotus - what a mess and poor Grosjean who could miss out if Jundacella has the sponsors plus would be used to help reduce the bill for Merc engines

Ferrari - Seriously Kimi has to go and time Bianchi or Hulkenberg gets their shot

Sauber - anyone's guess but the current two drivers have not done anything to warrant their seats

I can still see Hamilton back at McLaren. I suspect there could be drastic change there next year. Frankly there needs to be, though obviously the car is more at fault than the drivers, but you know how managers are - they like to make visible changes.
Personally my heart is with McLaren still but unfortunately my head left a while ago and hearts don't have good memories.

Sauber is a mess. They're committing the crime of being the blandest team in F1 right now, and pretty close to the worst. I admire any Sauber long-termers, it must be a frustrating gig working for them.

Certainly the rumours that Felipe Nasir was in line seems to be a bit of PR spin
Not sure they were rumors, and I'm not sure he won't still be next in line next season.

I could see Mercedes swapping a driver out, most likely Rosberg. They can afford to do it, and the current situation is terrible for team chemistry, and even results. As for who they would bring in, my best guess is no better than yours. They want Germans though so I'd fancy the odds for betting on Hulkenberg driving a Mercedes next year. That being said, his name is thrown out for every major open seat and he never gets it so I'm not being too optimistic. Wisdom says he stays, and if not he's replaced by Vettel or Bottas.

RasputinLives seems to be the message given none of the world champions want to move from where they are and the situation at Mercedes is dying down as neither want to give up currently the best car on the grid !

Magnussen is showing speed and aggression but needs to mature. Button I think being world champ and having Jess helps. Where does this leave Vandorn ?

Back
Top Bottom